Dinner/entertainment timing

cincicruisers

hi

I am new to NCL. Can anyone tell me what time to make specialty dining reservations if I want to be finished in time for the shows?

Does anyone know the running time of the shows if we choose to eat after the show?

We are on the Epic in February.

I suspect that shows can be of different lengths. My experience is that most are less than an hour and 15 minutes long. Most often, I've noted a 7 p.m. and a 9 p.m. show. You can find "dailies" posted in this forum for various cruises that may give you a better idea.

Teppanyaki is a relative long specialty meal whose length is not determined by how fast I'd like to be done. So I always figure one hour and a half to eat there. Often we are not seated exactly on time there since the whole table has to be cleared in preparation for another group of guests. The meal duration at the other specialty restaurants is determined, of course, by the service but also whether there are before dinner libations, how many courses and if folks linger over coffee and dessert after the meal. We are typically in and out of Cagney's and Le Bistro in a bit over an hour including coffee/dessert after the meal but no drinks. Moderno is often a bit more of a "project" for me since I take full advantage of the salad, soup, appetizer bar and may just wait around until they bring me a second course of lamb.

To sum up, I think a 7 p.m. dinner reservation will safely fit with a 9 p.m. show. Calling it closer than that is fine too--after all there are no parking places to find or traffic to endure.

Have fun!

I think that I am right in saying that on ships with one main theatre (Jewel Class etc.) that shows are normally at 21.00 on the first day of the cruise and 19.30 and 21.30 on all other days. If booking dinner prior to a show we reserve 90 mins before in MDRs and allow 120 mins if in Speciality restaurant. Have not missed a show yet! Hope this helps!

Would anyone know how long the Cirque Dreams dinner show is on Epic? I want to go to this but not miss an evening show. I am wondering could we do the Cirque show and a headliner show in the same evening?

Is the Cirque show offered every evening?

Edited by missemo12345

Would anyone know how long the Cirque Dreams dinner show is on Epic? I want to go to this but not miss an evening show. I am wondering could we do the Cirque show and a headliner show in the same evening?

Is the Cirque show offered every evening?

Cirque was offered every night on both of our Epic cruises. We also managed to make the shows on different nights. There is so much to do that we felt we never did it all either time.

hi

I am new to NCL. Can anyone tell me what time to make specialty dining reservations if I want to be finished in time for the shows?

Does anyone know the running time of the shows if we choose to eat after the show?

We are on the Epic in February.

Dining reservations will block 2.5 hours on your calendar. So a 5:30 dinner reservation will not allow a show reservation before 8:00 pm. You can always go to shows standby, but you can not make a reaervation.

Both Pricilla and Burn the Floor are great shows. And for an extra charge the Cirque is fun!

When you get in the 90 day window, you can see the show days and times and run time.

If you want to eat at Teppanyaki or Cagneys, make your reservations quickly.