Grandeur the worst bed mattress I have ever seen.

Tell your room steward you need a new mattress. Actually it is two mattresses put together and both of them are awful! Or if you don't see him call guest services and tell them about those mattresses. We have complained about mattresses before and they have been replaced.

Good luck.

This makes me wonder - we are cruising on Grandeur next year and I have just got a really wonderful mattress pad for my bed at home. Since we're driving to port, can I just roll up my mattress pad and put it in a duffel bag and bring it with me? I would tip the steward extra up front to remake the bed with it.

This makes me wonder - we are cruising on Grandeur next year and I have just got a really wonderful mattress pad for my bed at home. Since we're driving to port' date=' can I just roll up my mattress pad and put it in a duffel bag and bring it with me? I would tip the steward extra up front to remake the bed with it.[/quote']

Certainly.

Tell your room steward you need a new mattress. Actually it is two mattresses put together and both of them are awful! Or if you don't see him call guest services and tell them about those mattresses. We have complained about mattresses before and they have been replaced.

Good luck.

Given the new mattresses they have been buying lately, I might rather have the old ones.

I can just imagine the cruise line logic -

There have been so many complaints about the new hard mattresses, what should we do?

I know, let’s put the old saggy mattresses back in the rooms!

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe a previous guest complained about the hard mattress and asked for a replacement and got some spare old mattresses and then they never switched them back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For all of our RC cruises since 2015 I have brought 4 inch memory foam king size. King is a little too big but queen is too small. Our 2015 Vision consecutive cruises, it was 38 nights on a bad mattress, so I did not want to repeat that.

Fortunately we have done consecutive cruises for both years so it was really worth it to bring the memory foam on and then we just left it with the ship at the end. We left two with Navigator and one with Freedom. Hopefully our room attendants were able to make good use of them. They were easy to get in both Florida and Southampton.

We have not had a mattress problem on Celebrity or Cunard.

For all of our RC cruises since 2015 I have brought 4 inch memory foam king size. King is a little too big but queen is too small. Our 2015 Vision consecutive cruises, it was 38 nights on a bad mattress, so I did not want to repeat that.

Fortunately we have done consecutive cruises for both years so it was really worth it to bring the memory foam on and then we just left it with the ship at the end. We left two with Navigator and one with Freedom. Hopefully our room attendants were able to make good use of them. They were easy to get in both Florida and Southampton.

We have not had a mattress problem on Celebrity or Cunard.

Which foam pads did you get?