Zorbing in rotorua

macanudo23

Hey everyone,

I am sailing AZ/NZ on the NCL Jewel Jan 21st. One of the stops is Tauranga and booked a Zorbing excursion in Rotorua about an hour away. My question for everyone who has experience, Is it easier to rent a car right at the port or pay half the price and rent from the airport a few miles away? wondering if it more of a hassle or not. any info would help. Too bad the cruise line doesn't offer this as an excursion or else I would have just booked with them.

It is an easy stress-free drive from Tauranga to Rotorua all on nice roads. For our upcoming cruise we've a rental car booked and will head to Rotorua for the day. Is the airport cheapest? I suspect they'll have an airport surcharge. We're picking up from the in-town Avis. My recollection of the airport is that it's a counter not normally staffed unless there is a flight (and there isn't that many of those).

It is an easy stress-free drive from Tauranga to Rotorua all on nice roads. For our upcoming cruise we've a rental car booked and will head to Rotorua for the day.

Awesome! Where did you book the rental if you don’t mind me asking??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome! Where did you book the rental if you don’t mind me asking??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this a couple of years ago, and have it booked again for my upcoming cruise.

I booked a car and they have a shuttle bus that picks up their customers at the port and takes them to pick up their car a few km away. And then of course drop you back at the ship in the afternoon.

I am not sure if I am allowed to mention the name of the car rental place on here, but just do a quick google search and they will pop up.