New flash sale confusion

conquesodor

I received an email this morning from X promoting "Save up to 20% on exciting shore excursions and more for your upcoming cruise." You may need to have a current booking to have received it. In any case, after exploring the sale with 'cruise planner," something isn't quite right.

On the one hand I'm excited because the drink packages are 25% off the usual price and that will be a good deal for my booking. Yes, 25% not 20% :p

On the other hand, when I look at some of the discounted excursions, the price is exactly the same as it was previously. I can tell because I took some notes a month ago on which excursions interested us for budgeting purposes. I'm specifically looking at some Costa Maya excursions that are the exact same price, despite having a big 20% off label and a sign next to the price that says, "Price Reflects Your Discount." I tried adding it to the cart to see if the price changed, but it did not. :confused:

I'll need to call X later and see what they say, but just beware that the discount may not be what it appears to be.

I received it also, but the “Excursion” I was looking at was reduced significantly ... from $199pp to $159pp. There was no banner indicating it was on sale, I just happen to know the original price, as I was also pricing it as a private tour through local company. The cheapest I could find it was $175pp. I went a head and booked it through the ship a few mins ago with a nice savings.

It was strange, as they normally have a banner across the “Excursion” on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I received it also, but the “Excursion” I was looking at was reduced significantly ... from $199pp to $159pp. There was no banner indicating it was on sale, I just happen to know the original price, as I was also pricing it as a private tour through local company. The cheapest I could find it was $175pp. I went a head and booked it through the ship a few mins ago with a nice savings.

It was strange, as they normally have a banner across the “Excursion” on sale.

Wow, what a mess. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, that's odd. I checked and definitely notice that a couple of the excursions I was considering had dropped in price.

Maybe it could be a website issue? As good as X is about so many things, their website is just terrible and terribly unpredictable. I've experienced many glitches with it. I just can't figure out why they can't get that thing functional. But, that's a rant for another thread, I suppose.

Perhaps a phone call to confirm pricing would be helpful?

Good luck.

I received an email this morning from X promoting "Save up to 20% on exciting shore excursions and more for your upcoming cruise." You may need to have a current booking to have received it. In any case, after exploring the sale with 'cruise planner," something isn't quite right.

On the one hand I'm excited because the drink packages are 25% off the usual price and that will be a good deal for my booking. Yes, 25% not 20% :p

On the other hand, when I look at some of the discounted excursions, the price is exactly the same as it was previously. I can tell because I took some notes a month ago on which excursions interested us for budgeting purposes. I'm specifically looking at some Costa Maya excursions that are the exact same price, despite having a big 20% off label and a sign next to the price that says, "Price Reflects Your Discount." I tried adding it to the cart to see if the price changed, but it did not. :confused:

I'll need to call X later and see what they say, but just beware that the discount may not be what it appears to be.

If you’re interested you can get a Buy One and get a second package at 50% off. This applies to the Premium and Classic Alcohol packages only. This is per the Captains Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I log into the Celebrity website I see the message "Up to 20% off Specialty Dining". When I scroll down to see what's available or to book I get a message, "Sorry we cannot reserve this right now. Please try again onboard the ship." This sale is just for this weekend, so definitely won't be available at a 20% discount onboard the ship when I cruise in May 2018.

When I log into the Celebrity website I see the message "Up to 20% off Specialty Dining". When I scroll down to see what's available or to book I get a message, "Sorry we cannot reserve this right now. Please try again onboard the ship." This sale is just for this weekend, so definitely won't be available at a 20% discount onboard the ship when I cruise in May 2018.

KEY WORDS = Up to 20% off

Not 20% off.

For the excursions, somewhere in the fine print, it notes 'Up to 20% off' ... you know that advertising trick, right? On my last cruise, on 2 tours for 2 persons, I saved a whopping $6 ... I used that for the tip on one. Not really much of a savings but both were good tours ... one was great!! Anyhow, there was discussion on our roll call about this and some thought it was false advertising. I noticed the 'up to' verbiage so don't really think mine was that deceptive ... yours, however, doesn't appear to be discounted at all, so would question that. Just don't expect any sizable discount as that is not how they work.

For the dining packages that are discounted, if they've sold their quota, they are no longer available under the discount. They do save some for onboard purchases and comps. On my most recent cruise, the only package available at the 20% discount was for at least 7 dinners ... and this was on a 10 night cruise. It was a very good price but way too many dinners for me.

Didn’t get the email, any info on how long this offer is good?

The beverage package is reduced on a upcoming booking but because of a significant price drop after final payment ($2000) we are considering cancelling & rebooking forfeiting $900. But the $2000 price drop hasn’t resulted in any of the available suites being booked so we are thinking another price drop will be forthcoming. In a ideal world we could take advantage of another price drop & the reduced beverage pkg price.

Thanks OP for the post - I haven't had an email but on logging in to my cruise planner I can see that beverage packages have 25% off! Did the email say when the sale ends? Wondering how quickly we need to book?

Thanks

We have Celebrity cruises booked in Jan 2018, March 2018, and Jan 2019 that stop in Antigua.

I looked at one excursion (See Antigua by Sea) that we were thinking of taking on one of the three cruises.

In January 2018 it is one of the few excursions without a discount, and it is $109.

In March 2018 it has a 20% discount and is $98.10, so that would make the regular price , $122.62

On our Jan 2019 cruise it has a 20% discount and is $109, so t.he regular price would be $136.25

So, maybe the price is increasing, and I should book now, or... it's just another example of Celebrity's creative math.

Oh, and one more thing, and I saw this on more than one excursion, if you look at details, it shows for the footnote for the Prices Starting From*

as

*Saving is applied as 25% off to each guest(s) package.