Enchantment info - anything and everything!!

So Enchantment lovers - tell me everything! Taking my bestie on her Feb 12th and I want her to have a fabulous time! I booked Chops for lunch on the first day as a nice treat. We have the beverage package and I can't wait to show her around. She is amazed by the pictures. Also we will be on her after refurbishment which is great!

This ship seems to have an awesome fan base. Just wondering if anyone has a recent 5 day sailing review or compasses or menus??

Thanks! I searched and didn't find many current reviews or menus for 5 day! :( I'd love to hear from Enchantment lovers or frequent cruisers of her about the menus, compasses or reviews of the 5 day Bahama cruise!

Enchantment virtually always does 3/4 days cruises, so it would be rare to have a recent 5-day review and/or compass.

So Enchantment lovers - tell me everything! Taking my bestie on her Feb 12th and I want her to have a fabulous time! I booked Chops for lunch on the first day as a nice treat. We have the beverage package and I can't wait to show her around. She is amazed by the pictures. Also we will be on her after refurbishment which is great!

This ship seems to have an awesome fan base. Just wondering if anyone has a recent 5 day sailing review or compasses or menus??

The Feb 12 cruise is considered a 4 night sailing.

The last compass I could find is slots a year old.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/20170104105545521/1?ff=true&e=2025714/42700968

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Enchantment virtually always does 3/4 days cruises, so it would be rare to have a recent 5-day review and/or compass.

Really? I found a ton of 5 day 4 night Enchantment cruises online. Maybe its new?

The Feb 12 cruise is considered a 4 night sailing.

The last compass I could find is slots a year old.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/20170104105545521/1?ff=true&e=2025714/42700968

Yes, that's the one! 5 day 4 night. I thought that would be a good beginner cruise - not too long and not too short! I was also pretty excited that it will have just come out of refurbishment in December. I wonder what they will be sprucing up? Thank you so much for that! I'm going to send her that link so she can get an idea of activities. :D

Ok, just had some coffee and I see the issue lol! I'm searching for 5 day when the term is 4 night.... got it! I milk every second out of every day (fly in at 6am, departure day excursions, etc.) so I always count my vacay in days, not nights. Back to the search bar for me! :cool:

Our first cruise was on Enchantment in 2015. It had just come out of refurb then and the ship had been extended with very nice updated public spaces. Our ocean view cabin however showed extensive signs of wear: torn wall coverings rust stains on the shower etc. Our friends took their first cruise last year on Enchantment and said kids were running wild in the MDR, crawling under people's tables, running through the halls and very noisy. It's coming back to PC to replace Majesty and I will give it one more try as the food, service and shows were good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey guys,

Here with some of the info that you are looking for! I will be on Enchantment with my girlfriend for our final college Spring Break on the March 5th sailing. Looking forward to sailing on this ship again as its one of my favorites and my gf has never cruised before! I was on her a few years back but I can probably answer any questions for ya.

Here is a link to the menus, the order of nights will be: Mojo, Saffron, Shiitake, and Pimiento MENUS

Here are the most recent Cruise Compasses I could get my hands on. The current Cruise Director will still be working when you and I board so I assume these will be extremely close if not exactly the same to what we will get on board.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Enjoy!!

Great Schooner Bar. Great Viking Crown Lounge. Expansive pool deck. Beautiful Centrum area. Park Cafe nice for a light lunch, would not waste a dime on Chops anymore, has only gone downhill. I'd imagine stateroom carpets and bedding to be fresh since ship just out of drydock. Relaxation area of Spa is free for anyone to use even without a spa treatment, comfortable loungers with panoramic sea views.

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

The Bahama 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral on board the Enchantment were our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

In May 2016 Enchantment moved to Miami with the same 3 Day itinerary and the 4 Day itinerary added Key West on Day 4.

We have sailed the 3 and 4 day itinerarys out of Port Canaveral, 3 times on Soverign, 11 times on Monarch 8 times on Enchantment and 2 times on Majesty.

We have really enjoyed the Enchantment, for a ship launched in 1996 that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

The Enchantment is unique in the Vision Class. She was cut in half and a 73 foot section added That included 151 new staterooms, outdoor trampoline bungees, Boleros Lounge, suspension bridges, an expanded pool area, a 64-jet interactive fountain area for kids, and floor windows allowing an unobstructed view of the ocean below and more.

I would recommend the 4 Day Itinerary (3 Days and it seems like you are packing to soon).

I would also recommend an ocean view cabin, just to have the window to look out. (We have been in interior, ocean view, balcony and Junior Suite cabins.)

There is plenty to keep you busy onboard.

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Check her out at:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VI&shipCode=EN&br=R

Dennis & Sue...

We did Enchantment in April and had a great time. Realize up front that she is a smaller ship without all of the "bells and whistles" as some of the new behemoths (i.e., no FlowRider). But we never ran out of stuff to do and the crew was first rate.

One suggestion if you're a sun worshipper -- consider NOT going ashore on one or more days. You will find that you'll have the pool deck all to yourself. No wait at the bar. No kids splashing in the pool.:) It's like a huge private yacht.

I was on the Enchantment sailing post dry-dock (12/14-18) if you have any questions just ask!! I hope to get around to posting a trip report soon :)

As far as I can tell during the dry dock the following was completed: the exterior of the ship was freshly painted, they replaced stateroom curtains (I know because mine were missing when we first got in the room!), and I was told carpets were replaced in hallways & other areas and that the pool deck was refinished. Overall, it didn't seem like there were any major upgrades done as there were definitely still some rusty railings, dirty windows, the pool deck chairs were old (nothing that negatively impacted our vacation). One issue I came across was that many lights were flickering in the Schooner Bar and near the Centrum bar.. the Schooner bartender told me all of the light bulbs were replaced during dry dock, so that was strange. My thinking is that they put in LED light bulbs that aren't compatible with the some of dimmer switches on the ship (my dad's an electrician this is something I'm very familiar with) . Anyway, they had electricians working on that so hopefully it gets resolved because it sure was annoying!

But overall we had a nice time and spent a lot of time relaxing in the Solarium (adults only, and the cafe there is tasty). The food in the MDR was actually great, better than I thought it would be, and we had a great waiter we saw every night during my time dining. The food in the Windjammer was really bland so we didn't eat there often. Trivia was fun, the cruise director Michelle was entertaining. I didn't love that the bartenders at all of the bars were soooo slow- they really need more bartenders. I think it's because they have to swipe your card/print a receipt after every single round of drinks which slows them down. Anyway, it was a great ship for 4 nights!

Edited by Ras92

Yes, but not every day in our experience. Some days it's pork loin.

Ok, thanks. Might be worth giving a try. I'll have been to these ports before and have now dove at Coco Cay, so I'll be looking for something new about this cruise. Even with nothing new, it beats being at work. I wonder if the new pier will be open at Coco Cay, I don't want to lose my perfect record for making it there.

Looking forward to having EN back home to PC where she belongs. :hearteyes: Though only a brief stay until Mariner comes to replace her...it will be good to have her back for a bit.

One of our favorite little ships! :cool:

I can understand that sentiment, I'll be happy to try this ship/class of ship at least once. I'll probably look forward in the future to doing these routes on Mariner, I do like the Voyager class.

Ok, thanks. Might be worth giving a try. I'll have been to these ports before and have now dove at Coco Cay, so I'll be looking for something new about this cruise. Even with nothing new, it beats being at work. I wonder if the new pier will be open at Coco Cay, I don't want to lose my perfect record for making it there.

We finally lost our perfect record this last October. Had been on 20 some scheduled stops there with making all of them, until this last one. We even dropped anchor, and had tenders lined up..but the wind made hooking them up impossible....so we left. Drats. :(

I can understand that sentiment, I'll be happy to try this ship/class of ship at least once. I'll probably look forward in the future to doing these routes on Mariner, I do like the Voyager class.

Me too, but Radiance class is still our favorite followed by Vision and Voyager. Mid size ships work the best for us. :hearteyes: