Any Family on Galaxy Transatlantic in December

manheck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, you are welcome to join the main roll call on CC as well. You can email you data if you want to be added to the public roll call. There is an HTML link in my signature if you want to reach me in email.

Hi - Am lurking on the other roll call as well. We have a good size group on the cruise and are looking forward to a fun trip. I always make sure i request an FOD early on in the cruise so we can all meet and make new friends. Look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

Ken

We are in 4067, we aren't often in the cabin, but you can always check or drop us a note. We haven't been on Celebrity before, do they write up the FoD meetings in the daily planner or is it posted on a bulletin board like on RCL?

We are in 4067, we aren't often in the cabin, but you can always check or drop us a note. We haven't been on Celebrity before, do they write up the FoD meetings in the daily planner or is it posted on a bulletin board like on RCL?

On Celebrity it is usually posted with the daily events .... many times some of the entertainment staff stops by to chat .... it is important to arrange a meeting for the second day of the cruise. There is a website that has copies of dailies, menus, drinks lists, etc

http://www.cruiseclues.com/

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/galaxy.htm

Since I am on the previous leg, maybe I can arrange something. Generally FOD tend to have the second dining session. On the Millenium crossing last year we arranged for our own table on the internet .... that was a blast and a hoot.

I am Lonn and reside in 8023.

Glad to see there will a good group of us on the crossing My Husband Dave and I always love to request an FOD early so we can all meet and then generally hang at the Disco at night and have always found that alot of the people we meet at the FODs end up there most evening. I am excited because our cabin is on the sky deck (can't rember the number off the to of my head) and that is a short stroll from the Disco. :)

Our TA has a whole large group of us booked on thes cruise (about 20 people) with a wider variety of ages, interests but there are 3 male couples in the group and a lot our friends so we are hoping for a really festive time. This is our 4th crossing the last one we did was eastbound which I did not enjoy as much as I have enjoyed the westbound cruises. There is something about gaining an hour on multiple nights that really helps.

Any interest in an informal FOD either at sail away or meeting for drinks at one of the bars prior to dinner on the first or second night?

We're open to it as well. We aren't that hard to recognize. Two chubby bears together, one with an English accent, one with a French accent.

I'd suggest a table, but we are travelling with my aunt and uncle, this time. We've done it in the past and it was a lot of fun.

So many people now keep track of their cruises, my first was in 1969 on a student ship from NY to South Hampton, guess I should plan something for next year to celebrate 40 years of cruising. It is my favorite holiday now. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

So many people now keep track of their cruises, my first was in 1969 on a student ship from NY to South Hampton, guess I should plan something for next year to celebrate 40 years of cruising. It is my favorite holiday now. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Let's see.. in 1969 I was 5 years old and the only International Travel that I had done was a drive across a bridge from Cornwall, ON to Massena, NY whereupon my parents bought my first International Gift at a Woolworth's, a colouring book and crayons.

(Today, the same trip is $2 for the bridge. Would take about an hour at the US border. Woolworth's is gone, so it would end up being at Wal-Mart. On the other hand, the colouring book would be thicker and the crayons would likely be a box of 64 instead of a box of 8.)

My favorite vaction type as well. Iespecially love back to back sea days with lots of naps and the opportunity to forget that I am not a 21 year old any more and party into the night.

I like Ephraim made my firstinternational trip in 69 with my parents to go take a day long boat tour of the St Lawrence Sea way and it was the first time we went across the border. It was definitly an easier time for travel then but is a lot more exciting now.

Just found out that our tour in Agadir was canceled. I did some research and it is one of the Muslim Holidays that day so I think that port may be a bit of a wash.

Oh yes '69 was quite a year .... missed Woodstock because I was going to summer school in Vienna .... and the men were landing on the moon at the same time as I got back to Vienna on the train, after a wild weekend in Amsterdam .... the TA is getting closer, time to start some travel research ... see you all soon

Hi Just heard from my TA that there is a Muslim holiday on the days we were to be in Casablanca and Agidir. The religious festival (Eid Al-Adha) or Festival of sacrifice, involves animal Sacrifice and Celebrity is concerned that guests would be distressed if they (we) should witness it. So they have decided to replace those 2 ports with Cartagena Spain and Gibraltar UK. These two are new for me and they look great! I am disappointed to miss casblanca, but understand their decision and have always wanted to go to Cartagena and Gilbralter (I'm a history buff and both citys have amazing historic significance).

Apparently they will only be booking excusions on board as thye have not changed it on the site yet.

Yves loves Yorkie bars and odd chip flavours, so he's all excited. Expect him to be looking for Steak & Onion, Chili & Lemon, Roast Chicken, Prawn Cocktail, Pickled Onion, Marmite (Yuck!) and Worcestershire sauce flavoured chips. And Yorkie bars that say "Not for Girls". Personally, I'm looking forward to going to Marks and Sparks. Been years!

We've never been to Cartagena nor Gibraltar, so we are looking forward to both ports.

I have only seen Gilbralter at night passing into the Atlantic ,,,, am looking forward to seeing the real deal.

Same hear. I have always wanted to go to Gibralter. We are hoping to go on an excusion to the uper rock which I have heard is amazing. I really want to see the Gibralter Apes (which I know are not apes but still want to see them)

Just got our documents and have already booked excursions in Gibralter and Cartegena so now all I have to do is get through 3 more weeks of work , pack and do all of my holiday prep since we get home so close to Christmas. Enjoy you first leg Boat! I'm envious of the time yo will have on the ship. Anyone have any idea on what weather will be like in Gibralter and Cartegena?

Archived