Celebrity Millennium

capegirl

I hoping it’s almost cruising on a New Ship without the new ship cost. I am going to Alaska the last week of May next year I just Hope all the kinks are worked out. So I am prepared to have to deal with some of the new ship Problems that may occur.

Perhaps you missed the posting back in July. Here it is:

Here are some exciting changes coming to the Millennium Class ships:

-No more shower curtains for “most” cabins! They will be replaced by hard, clamshell doors. I believe this will be for the majority of the cabins but they used the word “most” so I’m just passing that on.

-The cabin baths will be completely re-done including the showers, toilets, sink, faucets, etc.

-All cabins will remain the same size but from the cabin renderings, it looks like one of the closets has been replaced by more drawers and some shelves – more of an open concept on the last closet section.

-The Retreat Sun Deck – free to ALL categories of suites.

-The MDR looks amazing – huge improvement with all silvers, greys, light green (at least it looks like it’ll be a light green from the renderings) – just really beautiful.

-30 more cabins will be added: 13 Aqua Class, 7 Oceanview and 10 inside cabins

-The Rendezvous Lounge looks more light, modern, up-to-date and less dark and classic.

-The Sunset Bar will be completely renovated and will have a new bar menu.

-Q’Sine is going away and being replaced by La Petit Chef at (currently) $55pp and for this class of ship, will be part of the dining package.

-Spa will have new SEA Thermal Suites, a semi-private consultation area and a new area for yoga & cycle classes.

-Even areas like The Library will be updated.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone seen any renderings of what the Celebrity and Sky Suites will look like after refurbishment.  Found some to-be pictures from other ships but the configurations - especially the CS on Millennium - are a bit different.

Also, do the CS suites have balconies?  The website said "Veranda with lounge seating" for the 2020 Alaska cruise we are reserving, but then my actual reservation on celebrity.com (currently room 6106) says "Stateroom: 467 sq. ft., Veranda N/A., Total 467"

1 hour ago, dbuckho said:

Also, do the CS suites have balconies?  The website said "Veranda with lounge seating" for the 2020 Alaska cruise we are reserving, but then my actual reservation on celebrity.com (currently room 6106) says "Stateroom: 467 sq. ft., Veranda N/A., Total 467"

Celebrity Suites DO have verandas, now.  They did not for a few years.  The verandas are pretty narrow, but much better than no veranda. 😊

Thanks - was concerned seeing what must be older pictures before the balcony was restored.

I think I answered my own question about renderings - https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

We are 2 kids 2 adults so definitely can use the extra space, but my wife was not sure about the interior cabin-like bed part of the current CS.  Looks like they are really opening up the rooms.  The Sky Suite and Oceanview others in our family will be in look nice too.

Edited by dbuckho