Charging phones on Celebrity Solstice

Muffinz

thanks for all the replies - I think we will be ok, as we have chargers and the cables and a NZ to US adapter

One thing I hadn't thought of is synching our fitbits upon our arrival into Australia - as they will still be on NZ time

I'll have to ask at the Hotel we are staying at if they have a computer lobby that we can use to sync our fitbits to Australian time

We just took 2 travel adapters, one for US and one for European (from Briscoes). That way my husband and I could both charge our phones, tablet, camera etc at the same time. Don't take a power board, it will be confiscated as evidenced by the trestle table full of them when disembarking the ship.

We just took 2 travel adapters, one for US and one for European (from Briscoes). That way my husband and I could both charge our phones, tablet, camera etc at the same time. Don't take a power board, it will be confiscated as evidenced by the trestle table full of them when disembarking the ship.

thanks for the advice :D

One thing I hadn't thought of is synching our fitbits upon our arrival into Australia - as they will still be on NZ time

I'll have to ask at the Hotel we are staying at if they have a computer lobby that we can use to sync our fitbits to Australian time

Don’t know what Fitbit you have. Sometimes they set off the metal detectors so you need to put it thru the conveyor system. Another important thing to remember is that you are wearing it when and if you decide to go into a pool or hot tub. I have the One and it doesn’t like water,

We pack extension cords and etc in our carry on. Sometimes they go tru and sometimes th don’t. Not a problem as you get them back at the end of the cruise. Better to pack it in there instead of having to go to the naughty room. It isn’t as if we are trying to sneak them on board as we need and use them for the hotels we stay in before and after the cruise. Other than tHan the charger for the Fitbit there are some computer accessories sold in the ILounge

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Don’t know what Fitbit you have. Sometimes they set off the metal detectors so you need to put it thru the conveyor system. Another important thing to remember is that you are wearing it when and if you decide to go into a pool or hot tub. I have the One and it doesn’t like water,

We pack extension cords and etc in our carry on. Sometimes they go tru and sometimes th don’t. Not a problem as you get them back at the end of the cruise. Better to pack it in there instead of having to go to the naughty room. It isn’t as if we are trying to sneak them on board as we need and use them for the hotels we stay in before and after the cruise. Other than tHan the charger for the Fitbit there are some computer accessories sold in the ILounge

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

thanks for that - yes my wife did suggest we leave them at home and wear 'normal' watches... but I've had the fitbit for 2 years and can't remember where my other watch is..... will have to look for it

thanks for that - yes my wife did suggest we leave them at home and wear 'normal' watches... but I've had the fitbit for 2 years and can't remember where my other watch is..... will have to look for it

We had ours for at least 3 years. We have the original Fitbit One. The battery life is now dying and doesn’t hold a charge as long as it did.

One month after I bought it I was on a cruise. We left the dining room and went to the theater and noticed that it was missing. I had it clipped on my pant pocket with it on the inside. I backtracked to the MDR and asked if I could go in to look around the table. I went in and couldn’t find it and on the way out she asked what I was looking for and told her a Fitbit and drew her a picture. She pulled it out of her stand and said that a customer turned it in. They all thought it was a tie clip. After that I never clip it to anything. I just put it into a secured type pocket.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't get it......why do people flout the rules especially the ones put in place for the safety of all on board??? The rules are there for a reason and if you don't want to abide by them, don't get on the ship. The crew must get utterly exasperated with the people who think the rules don't apply to them.

What not to pack

For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed on board our ships: irons, coffeemakers, candles, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives (such as fireworks), weapons (including knives, regardless of length), powerboards/extension cords and electrical transformers.