MDR menus from the Spirit (plus specialities)

KeithJenner

Thanks Keith, did you try the Trattoria and if so what did you think, we love Italian food so have made a reservation but some have said it's part of the Buffet dining area and not that special, so I don't know if we would be better booking one of the other options

Sarah

Edited by sassyb69
typo

Thanks Keith, did you try the Trattoria and if so what did you think, we love Italian food so have made a reservation but some have said it's part of the Buffet dining area and not that special, so I don't know if we would be better booking one of the other options

Sarah

Yes we went to La Trattoria.

Firstly, the location. Yes, it's prt of the buffet, but it is fairly well separated. I don't find that a problem and the windows mean you can get good views. We went on a sea day, but I see it as somewhere quite good to go when sailing away.

As for the food itself, the Italian often gets a bad press round here. I have personally always enjoyed it as I really like the Osso Bucco, but when we first went a few years ago, neither my wife or son enjoyed theirs.

We tried it again when they changed the menus in late 2015 and have been back on every cruise since. We all really enjoy it now.

If you have a reservation then I would certainly keep it, especially on the Spirit where there are fewer options anyway. Don't worry about the location.

Hi Keith,

Really enjoyed reading your live report on the Spirit and the images. We have been on several Mediterranean cruises, one on the Jade. This will be our first on the Spirit in May. We are looking forward to sailing on this ship.

I was wandering which night they served the prime rib in the MDR? Also, I noticed the lobster in the MDR. Did they serve this on a sea day?

Thanks, Steve

Hi Keith,

Really enjoyed reading your live report on the Spirit and the images. We have been on several Mediterranean cruises, one on the Jade. This will be our first on the Spirit in May. We are looking forward to sailing on this ship.

I was wandering which night they served the prime rib in the MDR? Also, I noticed the lobster in the MDR. Did they serve this on a sea day?

Thanks, Steve

Sorry, I'm not sure I'll be able to help much.

I don't know what nights they served which menus in the MDRs. Those menus were up on the wall, but there was no indication which days they are used. Some of them won't have been used at all, so it could be that the one with Lobster on it was one of them.

I'm pretty sure I saw the Prime Rib somewhere, but I don't know which day I'm afraid.

Thank you for posting the menus - very helpful as we have an upcoming cruise on the Spirit next week.

Just one question though: From your links it seems to me that they still have the OLD menu in Le Bistro??? Just updated with a-la-carte prices but with the same menu items as in recent years???

Thank you for posting the menus - very helpful as we have an upcoming cruise on the Spirit next week.

Just one question though: From your links it seems to me that they still have the OLD menu in Le Bistro??? Just updated with a-la-carte prices but with the same menu items as in recent years???

That is a very good point.

I never noticed that, even when I ordered the Fruits de Mer.

I think it's the only one, but you're absolutely correct, that's the old menu.

We also have an upcoming Spirit cruise, so as others have said thank you very much for this information.

Looks like Cagneys and LaTrattoria are also old menus.

Still have sliders and bison at Cagneys. Is there still pizza at the Italian restaraunt? Seems like the Jade also has the old menus wonder if they will have different Menus on the smaller ships or change them all over eventually.

I like the old menus better :D

I will be sailing on the Jade in October.....so hoping people will continue to update this thread....with changes.Thanks in advance...

I'm on the Jade in June and I'm dying to see the menus. I'm a vegetarian who generally avoids pasta, so MDR dinners on NCL can be a challenge for me.

Yes we went to La Trattoria.

Firstly, the location. Yes, it's prt of the buffet, but it is fairly well separated. I don't find that a problem and the windows mean you can get good views. We went on a sea day, but I see it as somewhere quite good to go when sailing away.

As for the food itself, the Italian often gets a bad press round here. I have personally always enjoyed it as I really like the Osso Bucco, but when we first went a few years ago, neither my wife or son enjoyed theirs.

We tried it again when they changed the menus in late 2015 and have been back on every cruise since. We all really enjoy it now.

If you have a reservation then I would certainly keep it, especially on the Spirit where there are fewer options anyway. Don't worry about the location.

I second that. I'd not been to the Italian until the recent Spirit trip, and really enjoyed it. I had the t-bone for my main, and it was my favourite of any steak I had on the ship including two visits to cagney's and a the steak in Le Bistro.