Just back from Fantasy 6/10 any questions?

Do you know if Olaf was at the Frozen meet and greet? I have tickets for our Aug 12 sailing.

ALL character appearances are subject to availability. Olaf has been part of the Frozen Meet and Greets, but an appearance in June does not tell you anything about whether that character will be there in August. I'm not trying to be a jerk...just realistic. The only characters you can basically guarantee being on the ship are those who are understudied, and the in the event of an illness or injury, their appearances will be cut back. When there is only one of a particular character performer on board, they usually appear as scheduled, but not always. And stage performances have priority over meet and greets.

Curious what night the Pirate Party is on. When I last cruised the Fantasy in 2013, it was Wednesday nights, but recent navigators have it on Tuesday nights? We're sailing in October and trying to plan ahead.

Curious what night the Pirate Party is on. When I last cruised the Fantasy in 2013, it was Wednesday nights, but recent navigators have it on Tuesday nights? We're sailing in October and trying to plan ahead.

I think I answered my own question. I checked the onboard activities and the Pirates League is scheduled for Tuesday.

Are there places to grab snacks between meals? (Sorry first time Disney cruiser, long time rccl and they have food all over, all the time)

Did you use the nursery at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several types of "fast food" available on the pool deck, ranging from pizza, burgers, tacos, paninis, etc. to ice cream, fruit, and salads. In addition, room service is available 24/7 with no cost for the "normal" items. If you order canned sodas, alcohol, boxed candy, etc. there is a charge for those items.

There is always ice cream cones self served by pool and also Pizza at 2 different locations between the normal meal times. We actually took advantage of the 24 hour room service. They were very accommodating. I do not eat chicken but asked for salmon on my ceaser salad instead and was no problem. I even asked if I could please have double salmon and again, no problem. They will bring ice too. I was always told 30 mins but do not think I ever waited more then 15. The cheese and cracker plate was great. Also, the hamburger was a full size burger! And do NOT forget to order Mickey Mouse ice cream bars! I tipped $2 each time and only $3 when I had ordered an extra amount for my 4 grandchildren one evening when We had a sleepover.

We did use the nursery. Not as much as I would have like my son and wife to but guess since Grandma was there, why? My 2 year old grandson LOVED it and our 13 month old granddaughter did just fine. It is a little pricey but worth it if you would like some adult time. Never had a problem once with last minuet walk ups.

Yep, was Tuesday for us. Make sure the kiddies get a good nap. The party was great and the only night they had a late buffet at Cabanas. Super fun!!!

No kiddies for us, but you can change that to make sure the grownups get a good nap :D

Do you have your Personal Navigators? I would love to see the schedule of events for a non-Starwars/post dry-dock Eastern cruise...the DisneyCruiselineBlog doesn't have any from the 06/03 sailing (yet). I get to book tickets, etc at the beginning of July and would love a updated version of the Navigators (especially Thursday-the last day at sea) before booking character breakfasts/princess meet and greet/BBB etc. No need for me to create more fun when the kids club is already doing the work for me:cool:

Do you have your Personal Navigators? I would love to see the schedule of events for a non-Starwars/post dry-dock Eastern cruise...the DisneyCruiselineBlog doesn't have any from the 06/03 sailing (yet). I get to book tickets, etc at the beginning of July and would love a updated version of the Navigators (especially Thursday-the last day at sea) before booking character breakfasts/princess meet and greet/BBB etc. No need for me to create more fun when the kids club is already doing the work for me:cool:

Unfortunately I already removed the app. I sent a text to my daughter asking if she still had it on her phone. The only conflict we had on the last sea day was the Royal court tea was at 3:00 (ours anyways) which was the same time as the princess/pirate party. My grandson went to that and his Mom said it only lasted 30 minuets and was not that big of a deal.

Yes he was!

There must be something to the "Only one of a particular character on board" theory. When we went through the Frozen princesses line there was no Olaf, but some of the timed groups ahead of us seemed to be taking longer, so I wonder if Olaf needed a break and was cut from our time slot.

There must be something to the "Only one of a particular character on board" theory. When we went through the Frozen princesses line there was no Olaf, but some of the timed groups ahead of us seemed to be taking longer, so I wonder if Olaf needed a break and was cut from our time slot.

That is certainly a possibility. We noticed most characters in full body costumes switched out quicker then those without.

The only port where we saw mosquitoes was in Tortola but that was on our excursion to the Baths. None in St. Thomas and not one at Castaway Cay.

They had huge pump canisters of the best repellent for you as you got of the ship.

It said it lasted 8 hours and you could pump some into an empty water bottle if your u wanted too.

It was a nice lotion odorless.

Our pregnant daughter did not get off the ship because of the Zika alert. She did not mind staying on the ship with her husband. As the summer brings more rain to the tropics there will be more mosquitoes though.

My family is going on the July 15th cruise on the Fantasy. I'd like to know about any dress code there might be at Remy and Palo. Is there a 'formal' night in the main dining rooms? I also have a question about the kid's club. My grandson is 3 and is potty trained - but isn't yet completely independent. Does anybody know if they allow kids to wear pull ups? Also, is there a beach within walking distance of the port in Tortola? If there is - does it have services - bathroom, chairs and umbrellas to rent? Thanks for any help.

7-night cruises:

• First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate night or other themed deck party
  • 3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One formal and one semi-formal night—both give you the opportunity to dress up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women (the reality is some people will wear shorts and it's not an issue)

Dress Codes for Palo and Remy, Adults-Only Restaurants for Guests 18 and Older

So that we may provide an enjoyable and refined dining experience for all Guests, please be advised that tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes are not permitted at Palo or Remy. We thank you for your understanding and your cooperation with the following dress requirements

At Palo: The elegant northern Italian-inspired dining venue aboard all 4 ships.

Dinner and Brunch

• Men: dress pants or slacks and collared shirt; jacket is optional
  • Women: dress, skirt or pants with a blouse
  • Jeans may be worn if in good condition (no holes)

At Remy: Serving sophisticated French cuisine aboard the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

Dinner

• Men: dress pants with sports jacket or suit is required; tie is optional
  • Women: cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt with blouse

Brunch

• Men: dress pants and a dress shirt; jacket is optional
  • Women: dress or pantsuit

For dinner at Remy and Palo men are required to have a button down shirt (no golf shirts) as a member of our party found out when he was sent back to the stateroom to change. He wasn't happy as this was not spelled out in the dress code and he thought he was in compliance.

It's the only time I saw dress code enforced anywhere on the ship.

My family is going on the July 15th cruise on the Fantasy. I'd like to know about any dress code there might be at Remy and Palo. Is there a 'formal' night in the main dining rooms? I also have a question about the kid's club. My grandson is 3 and is potty trained - but isn't yet completely independent. Does anybody know if they allow kids to wear pull ups? Also, is there a beach within walking distance of the port in Tortola? If there is - does it have services - bathroom, chairs and umbrellas to rent? Thanks for any help.

No pull ups are allowed in the club/lab during secured programming apart from them being needed for a medical need. Ive also heard managers argue that a part of being potty trained includes being fully independent, so be careful how you word it if you ask about it when onboard.

However, if they have an accident in the club they will call you right away and/or change them if needed. So just keep at least one wave phone with you.

You are welcome to go in at any time and encourage to use the bathroom, and while you cant use the kids ones in the club/lab together, each space has a family bathroom that you can use.