Disney Fantasy in Falmouth, Jamaica

JokerABC

I tried to search but couldn't find much info - any recommendations for city/rum estate type tours to do in Falmouth? We've been to Falmouth on another cruiseline without an excursion and just "walked around" and it was a huge mistake. Nothing but people hounding us for selling their services and they would not take NO for an answer.

This time we wanted to do an excursion planned from the ship. No water type activities since we have other ones planned.

How is the Hampden Estate Rum tour?

No opinions or no one has tried any estate or those rum tours in Jamaica? Do people only do Dunn River there or something?

The Disney board definitely has much less traffic than RCL or other cruise lines! Must be the super expensive prices that people are not willing to fork over for this!

The excursions will basically be the same as on any other cruise line--they are all offered by third party vendors.

Sorry, I 've never been to this port, but I know what you mean about the hounding. Mobay is the same. We spent a week there and our hosts insisted that they needed to accompany us to the tourist and downtown area. They said it was the only way to keep us from the harassment.

No opinions or no one has tried any estate or those rum tours in Jamaica? Do people only do Dunn River there or something?

The Disney board definitely has much less traffic than RCL or other cruise lines! Must be the super expensive prices that people are not willing to fork over for this!

I haven't been to Falmouth, but from what I have read most people do those falls or just stay on the ship.

Regarding the board traffic... My guess is that it's more that there are many Disney-exclusive or at least Disney-predominant boards which is where most people who cruise DCL go for their information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Falmouth this past July. We chose to walk around the port and then hung out with our group at Margaritaville and had a blast. I'm not sure which port you were in previously, but the port at Falmouth is fenced in and regulated. The vendors were not pushy and were very polite. We were the only ship in port, so I expected to be hounded, but found it to be just the opposite. They were chatty but not pushy. I have heard that walking into town is a completely different experience.