NCL Sun 2017 Thanksgiving Cruise Port Changes

NCLDude

We just received an update from NCL dated 10/1/17 on the new itinerary for our 11-Day Sun Cruise departing November 17th and it is replacing St. Maarten with St. Kitts and St. Thomas with Great Stirrup Cay. I guess it will take a little longer for those ports to be ready for tourists. The thing is they messed up the original itinerary stops as we were scheduled to go to Kralendijk, Bonaire and the update has St. John's, Antigua. arghhhh :eek:

6ifnzl.jpg

We just received an update from NCL dated 10/1/17 on the new itinerary for our 11-Day Sun Cruise departing November 17th and it is replacing St. Maarten with St. Kitts and St. Thomas with Great Stirrup Cay. I guess it will take a little longer for those ports to be ready for tourists. The thing is they messed up the original itinerary stops as we were scheduled to go to Kralendijk, Bonaire and the update has St. John's, Antigua. arghhhh :eek:

6ifnzl.jpg

All will work out. I don't understand why you are saying they messed anything up. They can only cover so many sea miles on any cruise and probably the changes have to do with the route they have to take. Yes, obviously the ports are not ready or going to be ready for many months, no matter what some news reports are saying. Thank goodness it appears the season is winding down and there are still islands to visit.

All will work out. I don't understand why you are saying they messed anything up. They can only cover so many sea miles on any cruise and probably the changes have to do with the route they have to take. Yes, obviously the ports are not ready or going to be ready for many months, no matter what some news reports are saying. Thank goodness it appears the season is winding down and there are still islands to visit.

I think the screw up the op is referring to is the original literary. It was sold as Bonaire being a port and is still listed that way. I tried to book an independent excursion about 45 days ago and couldn't because the company & the harbor master both said our ship wasn't scheduled to dock in Bonaire ever.

As you can see from the email above NCL does not list Bonaire on the original itinerary before the storms & rerouting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nita. They messed up on the original itinerary which has been advertised on their website for the last 2 years as you can see below. I also included a pic of what was on our E-Docs:

nle546.jpg

opu0i1.jpg

NCL is now stating that it was advertised incorrectly and that the disclaimer on the website states they are not responsible for mistakes. Oh well :confused:! Time to start re-planning our stops.

I have not received any email and when I called last night they said there were no changes yet and to call back mid month. Why would they remove Bonaire?

Barby64, They are not removing Bonaire from our itinerary as they are standing behind the fact that it was incorrectly listed on the website which is causing the confusion. According to NCL it should have been listed as St. John's, Antigua from the start and they are just now making corrections. The words under the picture below says it all.... "Itineraries are subject to chane at any time without notice."

2955v7k.jpg

A - B + C (Islands) = St. John's

Ok, I didn't know that, but did everyone else here get an email that St Maarten and St Thomas are replaced? Where did NCL say it was an error - on their website or via email?

In my response to the updated itinerary email claiming the original itinerary listing Antigua, I received an email reply from NCL stating "the Norwegian Sun was never going to Kralendijk, Bonaire." It was during a phone conversation where I was told it was a NCL website error listing the wrong port and they were unable to send out and email with that explanation. I guess they do not want to put anything in writing. I am OK with the new itinerary but not OK with NCL trying to cover up the original itinerary mistake. Soon they will update their website and deny ever listing Bonaire as stop for this cruise. It's the world we live in now!

They can only cover so many sea miles on any cruise and probably the changes have to do with the route they have to take.

I googled and the distance from Bonaire to Sint Maarten (856 km) is farther than the distance from Bonaire to St Kitts (821 km) so an argument can be made that this change has little to do with sea miles.

6ifnzl.jpg

Heard St. Maarten and St. Thomas are destroyed. No cruises there, NO TIME in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the update, op.

I was booked on this sailing and joined the roll call.

Hate to say it but I had a feeling this was going to happen as soon as I found out Bonaire was not on the harbor master's list on November 22.

However when I called NCL like many others I was given assurance that the itinerary listed was the correct one.

I informed the roll call thread of what I learned at the time.

Anyway I have since cancelled this cruise because tbh I was always more inclined to trust the Bonaire harbor master and tour operators over NCL. Plus I knew when it all eventually came out NCL would evoke the "cruise line can change itineraries at any time without notice" clause to get out of this fully preventable listing error.

That being said the new itinerary does not look bad at all. The whole thing is just another reminder you never know what you have booked at the time you book.

Called my travel agent today and told her of the Bonaire / Antigua problem. I stated that I had booked a Bonaire excursion that I would have to cancel. I know she had called NCL to get an explanation with proof that Bonaire was on the advertised itinerary. She said that NCL had many questions as to what happened and that they would get an answer to me by email. I added that OBC might help with my cancellation in Bonaire. I guess we will see.