I had the best cruise on Solstice

Hgwells01

I've been back for over a week now and I'm still dreaming of my 8 night South Pacific cruise in a sky suite on Solstice. I've been to more exotic ports maybe, sailed in suites and balconys on HAL, RCI and Celebrity and this was THE BEST. Was happy with room in aft, 2148, knew it might have noise from above Outside seating occasionally, wasn't a problem. Service was outstanding and Luminae just amazing food every time. Arif, Angela, Dragan and Sanjay in Luminae made it just so wonderful, we felt bad when we went to Murano's for dinner and it was lovely but I think the food in Luminae was just as good. Shawn our cabin attendant kept the place immaculate and Bravesh our Butler really lovely and happy to help with anything we needed. Sheila in Michaels Club always smiling and lovely to talk to. Perfect mix of relaxation, snorkeling and finding turtles in Lifou and Isle of Pines a huge bonus, got another one booked in same suite for NZ next year plus a future cruise credit. Couldn't fault anything, every staff member happy, smiling and a great credit to Solstice, sigh, 200 emails at work and meetings all week, but every now and again I'd drift off and smile and remember, perfection.:D

Hi guys.

Glad you had a great time on the Solstice. We are doing a NZ cruise return from Sydney in January and glad you have given the ship a wonderful review. Looking forward to it as our first time with Celebrity.

P.S. By the way how was the Norovirus on the ship going???????

Regards Bob.:)

Hi HGwells01.

Just a question please.

When boarding in Sydney. Did you have to board at the time allocated to you on your cruise documents or could you board early as normal???????

Cheers Bob.:)

Boarding starts around 11.00am from past experience. If you rock up early you may have to in a queue to get on board but they will process you as you arrive and the wait even if a queue is long is not that tough. The rebuilt terminal now have chairs to sit on and one sits from front to back and are processed in that order. Priority lines may get you to the checkin counter quicker but after that its first up best dressed. The only exeption we have noticed is that the infirmed eg wheelchair bound etc have their own processing line

Bob, where did you hear boarding times enforced?

We are longtime Celebrity cruisers and have always boarded early. Wouldn’t mind some more time to enjoy Sydney. See you onboard in 75 days.

A lot of Celebrity Solstice cruisers on Australian/NZ section of CC. If you go over there and ask, but I have read that that boarding passes are checked at door and if you are early, you cannot enter and check in.

Hi guys.

Glad you had a great time on the Solstice. We are doing a NZ cruise return from Sydney in January and glad you have given the ship a wonderful review. Looking forward to it as our first time with Celebrity.

P.S. By the way how was the Norovirus on the ship going???????

Regards Bob.:)

According to reports on Australia/NZ section of CC, Noro is still active on board, some pax were not permitted off the ship in NZ. Also there has been quite a bit of adverse publicityr re noro in Australian press. I trust it is cleared up by the time you guys board. I have been on Solstice Sydney to NZ, albeit 4 years ago. Enjoyed it, although we are normally Princess cruisers.

Hi Holly.

It might be good news. I read somewhere that the times were adhered to however can't remember where. I just spoke with celebrity and they said your times were only a guide to try and stop everyone arriving at once, however you should be able to get on when you turn up.

See you soon.

Regards bob.:):):)

Thats fantastic. We head out to the South Pacific on the 20th Oct next year can't wait. So good to hear the positive side of things as I find some people you can't please whatever you do especially on the Review section :)

Hi Holly.

It might be good news. I read somewhere that the times were adhered to however can't remember where. I just spoke with celebrity and they said your times were only a guide to try and stop everyone arriving at once, however you should be able to get on when you turn up.

See you soon.

Regards bob.:):):)

This makes me really happy as we are flying from Perth to Sydney in April next year for our cruise to Honolulu, we leave Perth at 5.15am so would have been up since probably 2.30am.. so hope to just get off the plane, taxi to circular quay and get straight on the boat so we can sit and have lunch and just relax!

We were lucky enough to be in a Suite, we only dined in Luminae, lunch one sea day before heading out at the sandwich bar or room service. I did see the staff spraying from ceiling down and cleaning walls and handrails regularly, everyone was asked to wash their hands all the time so I believe the staff were doing all they could, I did see one man use his hands to take something off a food area at that lunch and the staff member serving promptly removed the whole bowl and asked please could he serve him, some people just think they are above the rules for everyone at times sadly. We boarded about 1200 and our cabins were ready about 1400, we had lunch in Luminae and a coffee in Michaels, they were still cleaning walls when we walked down the hallway, lots of people were onboard sitting around waiting for cabins to be ready enjoying the atmosphere so I believe they were letting everyone on just your cabin may not have been ready. So no we didn't get sick at all and I think they were working hard to try to get it under control, I always carry my own hand sanitizer as well and use it too regularly. I'd get back on her in a heartbeat :hearteyes: