RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We just used Rome in a Limo tour sharing for our shore excursions in both Rome as well as Pisa/Florence. The drivers were fantastic! They are extremely knowledgeable about the places your visiting and have wonderful suggestions about other sites and where to eat. We had Fabio in Rome and Clara in Pisa and they both went out of their way to make sure we were safe, having a great time, informed and educated. The vans are top notch and comfortable.

We've never used the "tour sharing" option but there are several tours out of Florence on our TA next spring that are set up that way and have filled up very fast so it's a good way to go if you are travelling alone and don't want the expense of a private tour.

Another happy customer for Rome in Limo. Jany was a wonderful and prompt communicator when we booked 2 tours with them at the end of our cruise. First our party of 6 were picked up promptly by Franco at the pier in Citavecchia. He drove us to our hotel so that we could check in and drop off our luggage. Then he took us to the many highlights of ancient Rome. He was very knowledgeable and was willing to adjust our tour to our requests. In the afternoon we toured the Vatican with Valentina. She was wonderful and very considerate when I became a little overwhelmed with the crowds. It was a fantastic day.

The next day Franco, took us on the underground tour which included Santa Marina church, the catacombs, Appian Way and other sites that we requested such as the aqueducts. Again Franco was knowledgeable and wanted to make sure as many of the sites that we could.

We wanted to book airport transfers with them but they did not have availability but Jany was prompt in recommending another company that accommodated us with professional and prompt service.

Highly recommend Rome in Limo!

Gina

What a find this company was. We went on 3 tours with Rome in Limo and all the drivers were fantastic. The trip to Rome in particular was amazing, Franco the driver managed to drive us to near to all the top sites, the kids were so spoilt, they didn't have to walk round Rome very much in the Summer sun. The tours were half the price of the ship tours but many times better and personalised, if we wanted to do something different we did. Very highly recommended and worth every penny, I cant stop raving about them.

Dave

My family used Rome In Limo this past August for three cruise port tours. Since this was our first cruise, I was nervous about setting up private tours. Well, I was more than pleasantly surprised at the professionalism, knowledge base and friendliness of all of our guides.

All the guides were amazing. We were picked up in an air conditioned mercedes with cold water waiting for us. I'm sure all RIL's guides are excellent, but we had Vinny in Florence/Pisa, Enrico in Rome, and Vittorio in Naples. RIL also provided private guides for The Vatican and Pompeii. Mariateresa was our guide at The Vatican and she was extremely knowledgable. She was very good at engaging our two boys, ages 13 & 14.

I will continue to recommend Rome In Limo to anyone looking for a tour guide in Italy.

We booked RIL for three tours in Italy while on our cruise. We had Laura in Florence, Rolando in Rome and Enrico in Naples. All were fantastic! Laura was very accommodating for our group of four couples, with special attention to our one friend with MS who needed a wheelchair. Laura called ahead for the next day in Rome to make sure there was a wheelchair for all the Vatican touring, and Rolando also made a special effort to pick up the wheelchair at his church and bring it along. Enrico also showed up with a wheelchair the third day.

Laura was intent on having us enjoy the beautiful Tuscany scenery, and we thoroughly enjoyed our day. Rolando entertained us with his description of Rome and Vatican City with many special highlights, adding a good dose of humor! His extensive experience in the tourism business is evident. The guide at the Vatican was Katherine, and she was super fantastic! She was so enthusiastic and animated in her descriptions, and we will never forget our tour thanks to her wonderful guidance.

Enrico was a great driver and guide in Naples and along the Amalfi Coast. Positano was a charming town and we enjoyed the shopping, even though it was brief. He knew how to navigate the twisting roads along the coast with ease, allowing us to enjoy the panoramic views. I would definitely like to return to this area!

Everything from booking the private vans for our group online to meeting the guides and drivers was easy and seamless. Our group all relied on me to book the tours and they kept repeating how pleased they were with RIL. I highly recommend this company!!!

From Livorno port with Rome in Limo sharing tour we had a small group of seven which Laura was able to personalize our tour to meet all of our needs. She was extremely informative and personable. For lunch, she reserved a table in a quant little restaurant in Florence which served the most incredible lasagna that we'd ever had. Laura provided tremendous insight into the local culture and made the overall experience educational and delightful. We will definitely book tours through Rome in Limo Tour Sharing again in the future.

Okay you guys..,.and moderators...I'm starting to think some of these posts are from the company advertising!! cause you have to have more than one post in order to tour share with your roll call.

I'm confused...lol. Doesn't take much.haha

Just a warning to people on here, watch for the number of posts and how it's sorded as it may be fake.

Okay you guys..,.and moderators...I'm starting to think some of these posts are from the company advertising!! cause you have to have more than one post in order to tour share with your roll call.

Just a warning to people on here, watch for the number of posts and how it's sorded as it may be fake.

The company includes a direct link to this thread in their follow up email asking people to review them here "if they are already a member ". Don't think people read it in it's entirety.

we will be in Italy on the Allure in October and RIL has set up 3 tours for us and other passengers in 8-passenger vans for LaSpiza, Naples and Rome ports. Can't wait to see all the sights. We have used RIL several times in the past and have always looked forward to seeing them each time. Very professional and friendly.

Not sure what you are speaking of.....and why you seem to not like Rome In Limo.... did you have a bad experience or something? Or are you a competitor tour company in Italy?

I post here A LOT and it is because they are a really good company and take good care of us when we come to Italy.....they are handling several tours for us and others on the Reflection TA next April...... They don't need to "advertise" here themselves as they have 1000's of happy customers as this thread and Trip Advisor and other travel sites show.....

Not sure what you are speaking of.....and why you seem to not like Rome In Limo.... did you have a bad experience or something? Or are you a competitor tour company in Italy?

I post here A LOT and it is because they are a really good company and take good care of us when we come to Italy.....they are handling several tours for us and others on the Reflection TA next April...... They don't need to "advertise" here themselves as they have 1000's of happy customers as this thread and Trip Advisor and other travel sites show.....

Thank you...nicely put.

They don't need to "advertise" here themselves as they have 1000's of happy customers as this thread and Trip Advisor and other travel sites show.....

And yet they still actively solicit folks to post their feedback and reviews here. ;)

Personally, I will only post UNSOLICITED and UNPROMPTED reviews, never as a result of a request from a tour provider (or any other service provider). My feeling is that an unsolicited review counts for much more....

Clearly, RIL provides a quality product. But they don't walk on water, as some would have us believe.

And yet they still actively solicit folks to post their feedback and reviews here. ;)

Personally, I will only post UNSOLICITED and UNPROMPTED reviews, never as a result of a request from a tour provider (or any other service provider). My feeling is that an unsolicited review counts for much more....

Clearly, RIL provides a quality product. But they don't walk on water, as some would have us believe.

We've used several different companies in different countries and I haven't encountered a single one to this date that doesn't, either verbally or written solicit a review.....I received a solicitation by email just yesterday from a tour operator in Paris that we hired back in May. So I don't really disagree with you but I think it's hard to find someone in the business today who DOESN'T solicit reviews, as they are all aware of the necessity of these to build their businesses and how quickly information can be spread across the internet.... I think the tour operator/hotel/restaurant that does NOT solicit a review either verbally or in person are very much in the minority.

No, RIL doesn't walk on water....but they HAVE satisfied every request we've had, which makes them top notch in my book!

I think any information that can be shared about travel is a good thing... Shoot I even told people on our TA thread to come to the Italy board and seek out responses from you and "euro cruiser" because you have so much knowledge.

Edited by Gracie115

I get your point, but most businesses, of all types, are very aware of the Internet and social media. They are just using those things to their advantage.

You will note a few less than fantastic comments here. Not many, but a small number. So, nobody is saying they are perfect, but they do provide a high quality product.

You might ask b_cruise about unsolicited recommendations, although not quite the ones you are referring to. It might explain the tone that b_cruise takes with Rome in Limo.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Agree completely!!

RIL is not the only tour company that has actively, or strongly encouraged, a review. We've even had individuals ask that we mention them by name in the review or comments, as they will get rewarded for positive recognition.

A higly regarded tour company we used in St Petersburg actually contacted me to dispute a negative comment I had posted about our experience with them. They knew from the content of the post that it was my tour and sent me a personal e-mail with a "How dare you?" tone. (They failed to deliver on a promised itinerary - and there were no extenuating circumstances.)

It just reinforces the fact that everyone needs to take posts and reviews with a grain of salt. Post count can be one indicator of the validity of both positive and negative comments.

Actually I have used rome in limo and was happy !! Which I have posted on here before. I have used italytoursharing too and joe bananas and cruise ships tours and viatour too....I do have my preference of italytoursharing but it's because they offered me my FAVORITE tour at a better price.

I was not trying to discredit RIL, but I just noticed some of the posts were odd that's all. Just trying to help. Afterall, it's all about enjoying the journey which I'm trying to do.

I think everyone should do their research!!

Enjoy italy...my very favorite actually maybe barcelona lol...

🍷🍷 cheers!!

Actually I have used rome in limo and was happy !! Which I have posted on here before. I have used italytoursharing too and joe bananas and cruise ships tours and viatour too....I do have my preference of italytoursharing but it's because they offered me my FAVORITE tour at a better price.

I was not trying to discredit RIL, but I just noticed some of the posts were odd that's all. Just trying to help. Afterall, it's all about enjoying the journey which I'm trying to do.

I think everyone should do their research!!

Enjoy italy...my very favorite actually maybe barcelona lol...

cheers!!

Well okay, but why come on the RIL board and promote other companies? that sounds odd to me....

I've heard of the other companies but have felt no need to go to threads about them because I'm happy with RIL....

If on a cruise ship, was there ever a concern of not making it back to the ship on time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As commonly discussed on the various port boards when this comes up, the well regarded private excursion providers mentioned around the Ports boards put their entire reputations on the line assuring everyone that they will make the ship. And some even issue guarantees to handle the costs of getting you to the next port if they cause you to miss the ship. Haven't heard any one collecting on those promises. Not one.

If on a cruise ship, was there ever a concern of not making it back to the ship on time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are several places I will go on ship tours such as Belize where the highways are narrow and even the cruise ship tours that go out far tend to get back late. The ship will wait for them.

When doing a TA I always ask the private operators to get us back at least 2 hours before. Just my craziness. Have never had a problem not making a ship yet and have been doing this for many years.

Karen