Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

Hello!! We received a veggie tray, sliced fruit tray, and chips with salsa (and once the buffet opened we were able to get more salsa). We were also given two sodas per person and two of those extra large water bottles. We were also given some whole pieces of fruit.

That has pretty much been the standard offerings over the past several years.

Hello!! We received a veggie tray, sliced fruit tray, and chips with salsa (and once the buffet opened we were able to get more salsa). We were also given two sodas per person and two of those extra large water bottles. We were also given some whole pieces of fruit.

Thanks so much for the reply! I was a little concerned with some of the recent postings about the food and wondered if they were changing the snack items. Sounds like it just might have been low supply on some cruises. Really looking forward to this port and appreciate all the information that you shared! :)

We have been going once a year for several years and have always found the food to be exactly the same until we went this past June on the Splendor. We received no cut up fruit only whole fruit and very few cut up veggies. We got the normal bag of chips and salsa with sour cream and guacamole.I noticed on another post that the poster was surprised when receiving their food as we were. I think that is what the previous poster was referring to.

That has pretty much been the standard offerings over the past several years.

• 5 weeks later...
I was so happy to read all of this feedback. I booked a cabana for our cruise in February. When I booked it said there was only one left, so I'm glad I did it! We will have 3 kids with us, I am guessing we would want one closer to the pirate ship for them to play on? Maybe #3?

The pirate ship is essentially a bar. Not exactly the place for kids to be playing.

The pirate ship is essentially a bar. Not exactly the place for kids to be playing.

There is a play area with a "ship" climbing structure behind the first beach area. That way they don't have to play on the bar ship.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this has HMC info from awhile ago but there seem to be some recent posts.

We were at HMC first week in May and had cabana #10 (picked it based on info I had seen on cruise critic so thank you!). Loved having a cabana especially since i like the sun and my husband likes the shade. Also nice having the hammock and a place to keep our stuff. Also nice having waters, soda, and snacks. Cabana #10 was perfect...a bit away from the crowd but not too far away. Honestly I think any cabana would be good.

Loved HMC!