RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I used romeinlimo in Naples recently for a private shore excursion which was supposed to be to Ravello, Positano and Sorrento. I chose this itinerary specifically as it did not include Pompeii. When we met our driver Diego (who was fantastic) he said that because it was winter season Ravello would mainly be closed and did we want to go to Pompeii instead. Of course the other 5 in the van said yes which then left me and hubby had to go despite not wanting to from the start and being the tour leaders. I felt that rominlimo could have addressed this with us before we arrived via email.

Apart from that the tour was great. Diego knew exactly where to go for the best views and picture opportunities. He also suggested that if we missed the ship we go to his house for New Year!!

I would have no hesitation in recommending them again and will probably use them again for my Easter cruise.

Ravello gets really, really crowded and there are a lot of shops. The view from the area is pretty. I've been once...no desire to go again, so I think it worked out better in your case.

Liz

I would not hesitate to book Romeinlimo, I have used them for my last two trips to Italy and can honestly say that I would not have had as great a trip if not for them. They took us all over Italy as well as my transfers to and from the airport both times. Their drivers are very knowledgeable and take very good care of you and of course if you do your research you can tell them what and where you would like to see. Trying to do this on your own you just won't accomplish nearly as much and the stress of navigating the area is not easy.

I would not wait to book with them as others have said they are very busy and popular and book up early, working with Jany is so very easy and she will work with you and set up what you would like to see, you just have to let her know. If you email them you will always get a quick response and they will work to make your time with them the best it can be. I love this company and if I ever get back to Italy I will be sure to book them again. Give them a call and it will be the best decision you could make for your vacation.

For the last three , four years we have been on Rome in Limo tours in Italy in Livorno , Civitavecchis , Rome , Naples and Sicily about 10 times .

I can't say enough of the great service and all the fun we have had with our driver / guides . It really starts with the initial contact when you email RIL and make inquiries about certain tours and the very fast and efficient responses I have had specially from Jany !

The driver /guides have always been very professional , courteous , knowledgeable and also fun to be with . We have never had any problems with their driving skills in the Italian traffic which sometimes can be hectic .

In one way or another they mostly try to stay away from the large tourist busses and they also take into account your personal likes and dislikes and always make great stops along the way for photo opportunities , a drink or a lunch .

In a few words when in one of the Italian ports have a look at the different tours offered by Rome in Limo and if you see what you would like to do ,contact RIL and start on their "toursharing " website and "advertise " it on Cruise Critic . I am sure you will find new friends and have a great day !

Tony :D:D:D

I used romeinlimo in Naples recently for a private shore excursion which was supposed to be to Ravello, Positano and Sorrento. I chose this itinerary specifically as it did not include Pompeii. When we met our driver Diego (who was fantastic) he said that because it was winter season Ravello would mainly be closed and did we want to go to Pompeii instead. Of course the other 5 in the van said yes which then left me and hubby had to go despite not wanting to from the start and being the tour leaders. I felt that rominlimo could have addressed this with us before we arrived via email.

Apart from that the tour was great. Diego knew exactly where to go for the best views and picture opportunities. He also suggested that if we missed the ship we go to his house for New Year!!

I would have no hesitation in recommending them again and will probably use them again for my Easter cruise.

This is the exact reason I DON'T want to share a tour. I'd rather have to scrimp elsewhere to go private or figure out a different alternative than have to risk being outvoted by others.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm traveling solo to Italy in September to Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan. Is there a way to be added onto an existing tour? I'm not too picky about where I go, so I don't mind being dragged around to different sites.

Edited by Virtopia

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm traveling solo to Italy in September to Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan. Is there a way to be added onto an existing tour? I'm not too picky about where I go, so I don't mind being dragged around to different sites.

on their website there was a link for tour sharing (near the bottom with the B&W pic of the RCI ship). that's how we found some to share our tour since no one wanted to from the roll call (we had a 4 page roll call, not too many on it).

on their website there was a link for tour sharing (near the bottom with the B&W pic of the RCI ship). that's how we found some to share our tour since no one wanted to from the roll call (we had a 4 page roll call, not too many on it).

Thank you! I must've missed that. I will check the site again.

We HIGHLY recommend Rome in Limo. Booking was easy and flawless. Great communications and follow through.

We are one of two couples that were picked up from the cruise terminal in Livorno by Clara for a day trip to Pisa and Florence. She was very easy to find at the docks and very pleasant to deal with. She is an efficient and safe driver, fluent in English, but most importantly, a remarkably nice person.

We booked this tour as an easy way to see the surrounds. It was SO MUCH MORE. Clara quickly understood what 'made us tick' and tweaked things to meet our likings. We ultimately spent a month in Italy and when we look back, that day with Clara was a top highlight.

It was harvest time in the vineyards. Clara saw the gleam in our eyes and pulled over to the roadside. She got out and spoke to the foreman working the vines. Minutes later we were part of the harvest. What a once in a lifetime experience... partaking in the harvesting of the grapes in the Tuscan hillsides... PRICELESS!!!!

Once in Florence, we were tight on time to get into the Academia (due to our wonderful, yet unplanned, excursion). We did make it there "on time" for our scheduled entrance time but were being pushed back in the queue for some unknown reason. Clara somehow managed to get us to the (almost) front of that long, long, line.

This was our first experience with Rome in Limo but not our last!!!!

Edited by KruseWay

I've used Romeinlimo in 2006 and 2015 for the ports of Livorno/Tuscany, Civitavecchia/Rome and Naples/Amalfi Coast so a total of 5 times. Jany was a breeze to work with and responded promptly to e-mails. She made adjustments as people joined us or dropped out of the group. Each port of call we had a different guides, but each guide was there waiting for us with a sign with our name on it. They were all professional, funny, experts in their areas, great drivers and would answer any questions you have. Next cruise to Italy I will certainly use their services again and highly recommend their company. I found people to join our group on Roll Call. I love the small groups of 6 to 8 people vs. large ship groups. My only suggestion is get microphones for all the vehicles so people sitting in the back can hear. I know one of our drivers already had this feature so sure they are working on this.

RIL was so on top of one of our 3 ports they figured out before I did that we docked in another city. Suppose to dock in Naples and ended up elsewhere at the last minute. When I called in a panic they told me they were pier side waiting for me and they already figured it out! These guys are great and Jany is a gem :)

Rome in Limo is sooo organized, responsible, and has the most excellent customer service. We used them for 2 ports in Italy-- Rome and Florence.. Both times were the highlights of our cruise. Excellent. Limos picked us up dockside at 7am, had bottled water, took us exactly where we wanted to go, on our own timeline. They prearranged tickets for things, had air conditioning and bottled water in the limo. We could stay at each stop as long or short as we wanted. Limos were able to go much closer to the sights than the big ship tour buses.

For Naples, we took the ships tour. Firstly, way more expensive than Rome in Limo. Second, there is no varying the schedule. You go where the bus wants, when it wants and leave on a pre determined schedule. No wiggle room. I remember seeing so many things through the bus window that I wanted to stop at and wished I could scream out "Stop!". The ships tours take you to stupid things (like the cameo factory) that pays them to do so... no choice on your part. No flexibility.

SO I HIGHLY recommend Rome in Limo. You can go just the two of you, or join in with another couple or two. Plenty of room, super staff. :)

We are going on the new Carnival Vista in July with our entire family of 15. We booked Rome in Limo for Livorno, Rome, and Naples. We have used them on two previous cruises. They are an excellent company and certainly cater to the customer. If you are planning on getting a ship tour on a large bus you may want to reconsider for these reasons:

1. In Rome for example, RIL was right there waiting for us at the ships exit. We took off right away and arrived early at the Colesium. We were leaving when the ship's bus arrived.

2. In a small van you can easily navagate europes narrow streets. Also, larger buses often have to park a distance from the sires requiring more walking.

3. The RIL driver always asks you how long you want to spend at each site to accomodate your tour. If there is something you want to see of interest that takes longer, RIL can easily accomodate you. This is not possible on a big bus. We even skipped some places we had seen before to spend more time at other places we hadn't seen.

4. In some places if you wish to tour longer on your own, the driver will instruct you to just call him on his cell phone when you are ready to be picked up.

5. When travelling on the highway, The RIL driver welcomes questions about the countryside or other topics about the customs of the locals. This is impossible on a large bus which loses the intimacy.

6. On a large bus you often waste a lot of time waiting for other passengers to arrive back at the bus. When we would get back to the ship and compare what we saw with the bus passengers, we found that we often saw twice as much with the RIL tour.

7. Finally, RIL tours are approximately 1/2 of the cost per person than the tours on the ships bus.

! would highly recommend this company...they are reliable and trustworthy.

Jim and Donna:)