Which St Thomas Port???

ArkTraveler82

I've been reading threads about beaches to visit while in St Thomas and there are many references made to the closest beaches depending on which cruise port your ship is docked. Apparently there are 2 ports... Havensight and Crown Bay. How do you know which port your ship will dock at? We're cruising on the Oasis of the Seas and I've looked online at my cruise information but I've been unable to determine that particular piece of information. What am I missing that everyone else seems to know? :confused: TIA!

I've been reading threads about beaches to visit while in St Thomas and there are many references made to the closest beaches depending on which cruise port your ship is docked. Apparently there are 2 ports... Havensight and Crown Bay. How do you know which port your ship will dock at? We're cruising on the Oasis of the Seas and I've looked online at my cruise information but I've been unable to determine that particular piece of information. What am I missing that everyone else seems to know? :confused: TIA!

You will be at Crown Bay.

You can track down the local port information to find where you will be, but some just know from having been there that RCL's giants always dock at Crown Bay.

There are many sites that show where ships dock. Here is one site that has info.

http://wico-vi.com/cruise-ship-dock/ship-schedule-port-availability

There are others that post info months in advance. I'm sure someone will provide other links.

Thank you for the link! I don't see October's schedule yet but I'm going to save this link. Thanks for your help.

You will be at Crown Bay.

You can track down the local port information to find where you will be, but some just know from having been there that RCL's giants always dock at Crown Bay.

Thank you! This gives me a starting point for planning.

cruisett is also a useful site for seeing how many other ships/people are in port with you and their scheduled arrival and departure times - just search by the port you're looking at and date and you can select the different ships to see their schedules and the number of folks they are delivering.

www.cruisett.com

We'd much rather dock at Crown Bay. :)

Hi LuLu,

I like the CB area better because it's less crowded. But I like being able to walk back to the ship from Paradise Point or another place near Havensight after a beach day too...and I like not going through town to get to Sapphire or Lindqvist...

What is it you like about docking at Crown versus Havensight? :)

Hi LuLu,

I like the CB area better because it's less crowded. But I like being able to walk back to the ship from Paradise Point or another place near Havensight after a beach day too...and I like not going through town to get to Sapphire or Lindqvist...

What is it you like about docking at Crown versus Havensight? :)

Like you, love that it's much less crowded.

Also, we like "Tickles" at the CB marina. :)

LuLu

Like others have said, Crown Bay is likely where the ship will be. Although I thought the same thing with the Royal Princess in Feb 2015 and woke to see we were at Havensight ...with the Regal! Luckily, I had done so much research on which beaches to visit, I was able to change our planned destination quickly, and we went to Sapphire Beach. So it may be worthy to have a Plan B in your back pocket. But Oasis is so big, it's a 99% chance you'll be at Crown Bay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Princess and HAl HAVE Llong TERM COTRACTS TO DOCK AT C rownbay [LB]

We'll be on the Royal Princess on March 23, 2017. We'll be the only ship in St. Thomas that day.

So we'll dock at Crownbay? I couldn't tell from any of the ship schedule websites.

• 3 weeks later...