Great Cruise on the Noordam

kira5

Just back from a great cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu. The ship carried on to Sidney without us. There were five sea days in a row but there were lots of activities of all kinds for those who wanted to be active. I will advise, however, that for us the sea life was virtually non-existent. My husband needn't have brought his binoculars. I guess nature shows make us think that whales and dolphins are leaping in the air everywhere for our viewing pleasure. The Pacific was a big empty blue ocean.

I was a little concerned after reading of some difficulties with older ships but everything seemed designed for our pleasure and enjoyment. I want to mention a group, the Jukebox Rogues, who appeared in the Vista Lounge twice. Their version of Bohemian Rhapsody earned them thunderous applause and a standing ovation.

Definitely will go HAL next time.

My husband and I took a 30 day back to back cruise Hawaii to Alaska, and we didn't know if we would enjoy the sea days or being gone that long on a cruise. We loved it. I cried when it was time to leave the ship. My DH said he had never been more relaxed on a cruise.

I have friends booking Noordam out of Sydney on an upcoming itinerary and they asked if I knew about the interiors on Noordam. Forgive me if this question is redundant but does Noordam have newer interiors with refreshed suite color schemes and soft furnishings upgrades or is she still sporting the older color palette for her Neptune Suites.

Thank you.

My husband and I took a 30 day back to back cruise Hawaii to Alaska, and we didn't know if we would enjoy the sea days or being gone that long on a cruise. We loved it. I cried when it was time to leave the ship. My DH said he had never been more relaxed on a cruise.

We are booked on a cruise, Sydney to Sydney on January 20, an easy one for us as we live in Sydney. Can't wait to be on the Noordam again - it will be our third time. The last was two years ago when we sailed from Honolulu to Sydney and we had at least five sea days in a row and we loved it. Having just left Hawaii, there was a lovely atmosphere on the ship.

We were on the same sailing and saw dolphins twice leaping and twirling and saw whales two different times. It all depends. We spent many hours everyday on the promenade and were lucky to be walking when the sea life was there. Loved the Noordam. Best cruise food and service we have had in a long time. Will certainly cruise Holland America again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums