Fort Lauderdale

Dreams42Day

Our cruise will be departing from Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in the day before it departs. Any suggestions on good places to eat for dinner while staying in Fort Lauderdale?

We take a Caribbean cruise every winter and generally stay at a hotel on 17th Street SE. Before our first Caribbean cruise, I researched the 17th Street restaurants and found literally dozens of places to choose from, ranging from the squat 'n gobble (fast food) places all the way to gourmet restaurants. Not knowing what your tastes (and budget) might be makes it difficult to recommend anyplace specific. So, I suggest you consult Trip Adviser (or similar site) to see what's available in the area where you'll be staying and to read reviews of any that might appeal to you.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

Our cruise will be departing from Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in the day before it departs. Any suggestions on good places to eat for dinner while staying in Fort Lauderdale?

There is a great restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes there. Salads, soups, pasta, breads and of course, dessert. Always clean.

The Casablanca Cafe is a must stop for us. Full menu restaurant.

Definitely worth a visit if you are close to the beach. They also have an excellent Piano Bar if you wish to extend your dinner into a date night :-)

Also many nice restaurants on Las Olas Blvd in the blocks close to the Riverside Hotel.

The Mustard Seed in Plantation (7-8 miles from port) has great lunches and white linen fine dining at night. Casual attire is fine. Husband (chef) and wife (pastry chef) owners. Food is superb, and she makes cupcakes that people make special trips to get. We often stay in Plantation at Renaissance or Marriott. You'll pay for your dinner in lower room rates compared to port hotels.

I agree with Betonic! Kelly's Landing is a favorite, as is Southport Raw bar, but we also love Coal Fired Pizza, Gilberts near the publix, old heidelberg and Coconuts to name a few... there are also some good sushi spots. Good luck. I dont know where you are staying, but if you are staying at the Lago Mar (our favorite), eat poolside, their food is excellent too. we love fort lauderdale.

Since we live in the middle of NC...we love Kelly's Landing too! Great New England type seafood and reasonable prices for whole lobsters:D And it's walkable from the ES where we usually stay. It can get crowded on the weekends so earlier is better I would think:)

Rustic Inn!

We love the Rustic Inn as well but it is out west of I-95.

In town we like to get a window seat at the 15th Street Fisheries overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. It's a short cab ride away from many of the hotels - I like to cab ride so I can have a couple of beers with my seafood as I'm normally the designated driver :D

We're staying at the W in Fort Lauderdale. Anyone stayed in this area and have recommendations? We will have left home about 2am so I know we will be tired and want to have an early dinner.

Rustic Inn is really good and fresh - and very casual:D

I think Casablanca is one of the best places along the beach. I lived nearby so even as a local I loved going there. I just moved last year and I miss it.