First Cruise (Norwegian Jewel) Question regarding Sodas

Philsorito

Hello,

first of all English is not my native language, so please don't look at the mistakes I may make :D

I'm going on my first Cruise with NCL on board of the Norwegian Jewel. I do not drink alcohol, so only the Soda Package would be a suitable option for me. And right now I'm calculating if it makes sense for me to buy it or not.

I see different prices for the sodas - some threads say $2 some say $2,95. What is the correct price of a soda? And with the Soda Package can I just sit in a Bar and order myself a Diet Pepsi and a Waiter will get it to me, or is there a difference for Soda Package. Some sort of 2nd class - so that I have to go to the bar to get it myself.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Phil

Thanks! I'm happy all the studying now pays off ;)

One more question: I did read that fountain soda is included - but cans are not. Is there a way to know where they serve cans and where they just use the fountain?

If you have a soda card, only fountain sodas are included. Most bars have fountain soda. If not, they'll let you know. Sometimes if they do not have fountain soda they will give you a can instead, but don't count on it.

I believe on the Jewel class ships, I only saw the small bar located in the buffet area pouring from a can instead of using fountain soda. My wife was always grumpy that the bar tender poured too fast causing it to lose carbonation. He eventually just would hand her the can and let her pour. There may be other locations using a can, but I can't remember them.