Booking next cruise on ship vs when you get back from cruise

Justcallmemom

I'm trying to figure out the perks of waiting to book our next cruise while we're on our cruise in May or waiting til we get off the boat. We have a certain cruise we're looking at, but not sure if we should wait til then or book now. Do you get certain perks for the other ways? Any info will help! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm trying to figure out the perks of waiting to book our next cruise while we're on our cruise in May or waiting til we get off the boat. We have a certain cruise we're looking at, but not sure if we should wait til then or book now. Do you get certain perks for the other ways? Any info will help! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not really worth it any more. I think now for a seven day cruise you get $50 OBC. You could just wait and book at home within two weeks and I believe you get the same. I wouldn't waste my time on the ship when you could be doing something else, like relaxing.

Plus, isn't the $50 OBC for booking within 2 weeks tied to just one rate code ? If you get a price drop that doesn't include the $50 as part of the new fare code, don't you lose the $50 you got for booking within 2 weeks ? With the old special for booking while onboard, you got $100 OBC and it came off of any pricing that was available, including future price drops.

Can anyone confirm ?

Plus, isn't the $50 OBC for booking within 2 weeks tied to just one rate code ? If you get a price drop that doesn't include the $50 as part of the new fare code, don't you lose the $50 you got for booking within 2 weeks ? With the old special for booking while onboard, you got $100 OBC and it came off of any pricing that was available, including future price drops.

Can anyone confirm ?

That is how it worked for me. I found a lower price but lost the obvious that I received for booking within the two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you get back from your cruise you'll get the email offering you X% off your next cruise + OBC. What I would do is book the next cruise now so you get the cabin you want and dining time you want. Then once you get back from the next cruise, get the price protection for the difference.