Pre cruise hotel Copenhagen

AK Dreaming

A quick search will find many threads on the topic, including this recent one:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2578234

I won’t be taking mass transit. Will be taking a taxi from the airport to hotel and hotel to port. Just looking for personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flying in at 3:30 the day before a NCL Cruise. Need a hotel between airport and cruise port, I would like a comfortable, clean, safe hotel with food options for a woman traveling alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Steel House.... just book a private room.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Wake up Borgegade

The rooms are basic, but clean, comfortable and quiet (especially if you pay a little extra for a room on an upper floor). Include the buffet breakfast in your reservation—tons of delicious choices!

I (single woman) walked around the area and found several dining choices. It doesn’t get dark until really late at night in the summer, so it will still be light at dinner time.

Scandic Palace.

Great location, near the Central Station, walking zone and Tivoli. Excellent breakfast. Staff will arrange a cab to get to the cruise port for you. We stayed there the last two cruises from Copenhagen.

Highly recommend the Wonderful Copenhagen thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2488925

Happy cruising!

Mike

After doing a ton of research, we also booked the Admiral Copenhagen for a pre-cruise hotel.

I was considering the Admiral Hotel for a 3 night stay in July 2018. I read reviews that mentioned renovation work, so I contacted the hotel. The renovation will continue until late 2019. They said the work is limited to a small area at any point in time and only occurs between 8am and 6pm. Even with those caveats, I decided to look elsewhere. I've stayed in hotels undergoing renovation and it impacted the overall ambiance.

We stayed at the Marriott Copenhagen prior to our Regent cruise in 2015. It was walking distance to Tivoli and nicely situated on the river. Seemed to be a safe location as we walked around.

Enjoy your trip, Copenhagen is a great city.

DogLover: We've chosen Marriott for our pre-cruise with Regent this June, so I'm glad to hear your confirmation that it's a good hotel. How many days were you pre-cruise in Copenhagen? Did you venture outside the city to visit any other surrounding sites? Did you take any organized tours, or just walk around exploring on your own? (I hope it's ok that I'm off topic a bit.)

DogLover: We've chosen Marriott for our pre-cruise with Regent this June, so I'm glad to hear your confirmation that it's a good hotel. How many days were you pre-cruise in Copenhagen? Did you venture outside the city to visit any other surrounding sites? Did you take any organized tours, or just walk around exploring on your own? (I hope it's ok that I'm off topic a bit.)

We were only one overnight pre-cruise. After our arrival, we rested for a bit in the hotel then went to Groeften Tivoli with two other couples we connected with on Cruise Critic. http://www.groeften.dk/uk/welcome/ The next morning, we took a wonderful Segway tour of Copenhagen and saw all the top sights. Boarded the ship mid-day so didn't have time to do anything outside the city. We loved Regent, enjoy your cruise!