NCL Jewel room 8566, 8590, 8592 or 8594 question

Nickymjw1

Has anyone stayed in one of these obstructed oceanview cabins?

On the deckplan these cabins are in the opposite direction from a regular cabin. Meaning the longer side of the cabin is against the hull of the ship versus the longer side of the cabin being the wall attached to the cabin next door. HOpe this makes sense.

(Basically ___ instead of |) See attached deckplan.http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=JEWEL

I am just curious about the cabin layout on these cabins.

Thanks

Nicky

I am also curious, and if we don't hear an answer soon, I'll be able to tell you in 2 weeks (sailing in one of these cabins on the Jewel next week)...

I'm curious about both the cabin layout as well as to how obstructed the rooms are. One would think you weoul be able to get a bigger window or two windows or something, since it has the long side of the cabin against the outside vs. the short side...

• 2 years later...
has anyone stayed in one of these obstructed oceanview cabins?

On the deckplan these cabins are in the opposite direction from a regular cabin. Meaning the longer side of the cabin is against the hull of the ship versus the longer side of the cabin being the wall attached to the cabin next door. Hope this makes sense.

(basically ___ instead of |) see attached deckplan.http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipcode=jewel

i am just curious about the cabin layout on these cabins.

Thanks

nicky

can you tell me about this cabin or have a pic

• 7 years later...
Bumping... anyone? We are booked in 8592
Wow, that's quite a bump from an aging old thread.

OK, the Dawn, Jewel & Gem are all very similar in layout, design & space, etc. with differences largely in the public function rooms. 8592 would be near the mid-ship elevators & stairs, but not really too noisy unless you go to sleep at 10 PM nightly. There is a dividing wall along the hallway/corridor - good location & easy access to most things. The white space opposite the rooms are crew access doorways, service elevators (no, you won't hear much - except on turnabout days) and like fellow pax, they don't slam doors coming & going.

This YT video is from the Dawn, very similar if not identical - couldn't find the ones I bookmarked for the Star/Gem -

Edit: found it - here's one for the Jewel #8590, sleeping 2 (I think, didn't check the floor plan) - large picture window with the ledge. Be advised that working crew members do walk outside on the catwalk along those lifeboats, keep the curtains closed at night or while resting or when changing, etc. to maintain optimal privacy.

The layout works better turned 90 degrees. The door is located where the connecting door would be in connecting cabins. You enter the cabin in the middle with the beds to one side and the bathroom and closets to the other with the vanity/desk/tv directly in front of you. This makes navigating the cabin easier without disturbing your cabin mate. Plus these cabins have more storage as the place where the cabin door would normally be is utilized as a very deep closet space.

Just got off the Dawn early Feb 2018 and we were in one of these cabins - 8116. It was like having OSheenahan's as our private dining room and bar! Very quiet, right near elevators, and spiral stairs down to atrium were so convenient. Best of all, shower was big, and there was more room for dressing, etc with 2 people in cabin. One negative, no extra shelves in bathroom.

We liked it so much we just booked it on the Jewel for Feb 2019 out of Sydney.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Thank you all so much for your helpful replies about this room type. I appreciate it.

I'm so sorry for breaking the rules by bumping! Yikes.

I read posts telling people to search the forum before starting a new thread, which I did. My bad for not looking to see how old this thread is and for not being up on all the forum rules.

• 1 month later...
Thank you all so much for your helpful replies about this room type. I appreciate it.

I'm so sorry for breaking the rules by bumping! Yikes.

I read posts telling people to search the forum before starting a new thread, which I did. My bad for not looking to see how old this thread is and for not being up on all the forum rules.

I don't see how it's against the rules when you are asking for more information... Better than starting a new thread!

I'm glad you did, I got my answers too!