quick wine stop in vancouver?

Mlb4chris

hi everyone, we're flying in to vancouver late the night before our alaska cruise in late april. here's my question.... we might have time that evening to make a stop at BC liquor (staying at Blue Horizon) for a few bottles of wine and bubbles, not sure though, depends when we actually get there. do you think its possible to check in, board and then go get off the boat to the nearer BC liquor (near the cruise terminal). we're in a neptune suite so we might be able to get on the boat slightly sooner. it's my first (non-chartered) cruise so not sure if one can get off the boat or not. i've seen this question asked on the florida board but not for vancouver. btw, super good prices on french wine, not so much on our california wines. any help is super appreciated.🍾🍷cheers!!

Well duh!!! I never thought of that🤔 Thanks for the reminder.... looks like either a late night or early morning run. We're bringing our two with us from home but I'd like a couple bottles of bubbles too.

Hi

I am from Vancouver your hotel is very close to the BC Liqour store 768 Bute Street, open from 9:30 am every morning and closes every night except Sundays at 11:00 pm Sunday is 9:30 pm. You could go at night or go early at 9:30 am then head to the port.

Well duh!!! I never thought of that🤔 Thanks for the reminder.... looks like either a late night or early morning run. We're bringing our two with us from home but I'd like a couple bottles of bubbles too.

Bring all your bottles from home unless you want a BC specific wine. Wine is way cheaper in the US than in Canada due to our taxes.

Cheers!

Bring all your bottles from home unless you want a BC specific wine. Wine is way cheaper in the US than in Canada due to our taxes.

Cheers!

Isn't there a limit for the amount of wine a person can bring into Canada duty-free? (And then there's the added weight in luggage :( )

Thank your for all the replies! I knew the hotel was near a BCL, it was one of the factors...Yup, I like wine😁 I am taking 4 good bottles from home, not a good idea to pack champagne for obvious exploding reasons! Seems like good prices on French still and sparkling wine so I'm happy with the selection, not so much for the ship's selection😜

Thanks again for all your help, I've learned SO much from ready about a billion threads on CC😍

There is a restriction on bringing wine across the boarder from US to Canada, might be one or two bottles per adult duty free. Then they will charge you duty per bottle, which may make it easier and similar price to buy all the wine in Vancouver. Check the rules so you have no surprises. And it's not a good plan to try to sneak alcohol across the border - their country, their rules! Also their fines, their courts, etc....

m--

There is a restriction on bringing wine across the boarder from US to Canada, might be one or two bottles per adult duty free. Then they will charge you duty per bottle, which may make it easier and similar price to buy all the wine in Vancouver. Check the rules so you have no surprises. And it's not a good plan to try to sneak alcohol across the border - their country, their rules! Also their fines, their courts, etc....

m--

It is two bottles per person.

We did that exactly thing in Vancouver about 7 years ago. We checked in, boarded, got a little settled and then left to grab a couple of bottles of wine then re-boarded. We re-boarded with the people who were staying on from the previous cruise and the staff so there were no lines or anything. We did go back through customs but it was quick. So remember to take your passport. I am Canadian if that makes a difference.

Albeit that was 7 years ago. I cannot speak to recently.

There is also a wine store at 555 W. Hastings if you decide to pop out for something once you board. It is maybe 1/2 a block from where you exit the waterfront station.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should mention that there is an entrance on W. Cordova, you do not need to walk up a block to the Hastings entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums