Carnival Magic Oceanview - Single or Double Bathroom?

LMaxwell

For those that have cruised on Magic or a sister ship, is it worth it to go a few bucks more for the Deluxe oceanview versus regular oceanview? Looks like both are 220 square feet. Deluxe gets you second tub/washroom at expense of floor space.

It will be 3 of us in the room; 2 adults and a 4 year old child.

I have had OV on the Victory a few times and think the size is fantastic, looks like regular Magic OV is pretty much identical. Just debating what losing floorspace does to the room in a Deluxe? Is there still enough room for a sofa bed/ single bed in the room? Don't want my son to be in upper bunks at that age. Price increase is very modest, how useful is the second tub?

I've always found Carnivals OV rooms to be spacious..... To me its like getting the extra space from not having a balcony....Rooms definitely have more inside space than a balcony cabin. As for the 2 nd bath...its only a sink and bath....no toilet in 2nd bathroom. However, being you will have 4 year old...It might be advantageous for this to be his bath....and allows you and your wife to not have to reorganize for your son ....with the exception of his using toilet

I was just on Magic and had delux ocean view with 2nd bathroom. Was just my husband and I and I so don't think it was necessary and would only recommend if needed tub or additional shower use if let's say had four people in cabiin.

Don't *need* the tub, but could be nice to fill it up with his toys and let him have a bubble bath each night on vacation, and more counter space in main bath for my wife and I.

Total price difference on 8 day cruise was $70 so I booked it.

Says it still has a single sleeper sofa so that should be perfect.

I was just on Magic and had delux ocean view with 2nd bathroom. Was just my husband and I and I so don't think it was necessary and would only recommend if needed tub or additional shower use if let's say had four people in cabiin.

Did you feel it negatively impacted the floor space of the room or not too noticeable?

We just had one of these on our magic cruise and didn't notice the missing space. We didn't realize we had booked this cabin (lol) and didn't really need the extra bath with 2 adults and a 4 & 6 year old. We said an extra toilet would have been more useful for us. It mostly came in handy to dry things so we didn't have to keep loading and unloading the drying line. It did have the sleeper sofa still.

We just had one of these on our magic cruise and didn't notice the missing space. We didn't realize we had booked this cabin (lol) and didn't really need the extra bath with 2 adults and a 4 & 6 year old. We said an extra toilet would have been more useful for us. It mostly came in handy to dry things so we didn't have to keep loading and unloading the drying line. It did have the sleeper sofa still.

What were the sleeping arrangements for the kids; was it a double or single sleeper sofa? Was one kid in a pullman?

did the sleeper being open block the pathway to the bathroom(s)?

The sleeper is really just removing the back and putting sheets on the the part you sit on (doesn't fold out), so doesn't take up any more room than the sofa normally does. We had one on the sofa and the other on the Pullman right over top (they switched who slept on the top each night, because kids, Ha!)

We had deluxe Ov on the breeze and I didn’t notice the loss of space. I was excited about having a second bathroom but no extra toilet. The tub is really made funny so it’s not luxurious to me. If cost was same I would take it but only used that second bathroom for the other mirror. I usually shower and change in the gym anyway. We still had the same space of a sleeper sofa and king bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are leaving on the Magic in 39 days and booked this room. We sailed last year on the Magic in a balcony room. Having a 1 1/2 year old at the time was tough with only a shower and such a small bathroom.

We were on the Magic last year and had the deluxe ocean view. Just me and my husband. We really enjoyed the second bathroom that allowed both of us to get ready at the same time. We booked the same type of room on the Horizon for this coming April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My sister had the Family Harbor Deluxe OV with her fiancée and 2 girls. The top of the sofa is the 3rd person bed just like on Conquest Class ships. There aren’t any OV cabins that I know of except maybe the older ships like Fantasy Class that have a pull down bunk for the 3rd person. It’s always the top of the sofa with the back cushions removed. And then when you have a 4th person you have the bunk. Suites I believe are the only ones with an actual sofa bed as in one that folds up into it when not in use.

As far as the extra bathroom area they loved it. I didn’t notice that it made the cabin any smaller.

Tub is great for a four year old! Definitely recommend. We just had this room a couple weeks ago and our almost four year old used the tub daily. We brought some bath toys that doubled as beach toys and let her also play with a bar of soap.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Magic last week and I really enjoyed having the shower with the tub. It was only my wife and I but we still preferred to shower with the tub as the water stayed in and didn’t get water everywhere like we did in the past :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums