No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

Just read on another social media page that they are removing this perk. If true, I will be really upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d be even more upset if they removed the early embarkation privilege!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not true. I read the same thing on the other site. What happened is, someone asked the question because they got confused about FTTF. Someone from Carnival made a mistake and responded saying the perk was removed. Then Mischelle from these boards responded from Carnival saying it was a mistake and the perk was not removed. Then everyone started blaming the poster for starting a rumour when in fact it was Carnival who started the rumour LOL.

It's not true. I read the same thing on the other site. What happened is, someone asked the question because they got confused about FTTF. Someone from Carnival made a mistake and responded saying the perk was removed. Then Mischelle from these boards responded from Carnival saying it was a mistake and the perk was not removed. Then everyone started blaming the poster for starting a rumour when in fact it was Carnival who started the rumour LOL.

As long as it is not true.

Just read on another social media page that they are removing this perk. If true, I will be really upset.

I am hoping you "meant" Early Embarkation. Cause Nearly Embarkation could mean you miss the ship and land in the water.....at the dock!:confused::confused::confused:

If, CCL decides to eliminate another "perk" for long time cruisers, then I am sure will see a lot of Plats/Diam moving to other cruise lines.

While early embarkation is not a big priority for us, taking it away, is another one of those, "oh well moments", here we go again!:( More benefits eroding:mad:!

I'm often convinced that companies like Carnival 'float' an idea to see how it's received... and if there is a lot of pushback on it, they deny, claim it was an error or just say nothing but don't implement it. I suspect that this could be the case here.

So u don’t get on at 11:30 am. You get on with the “regular” folks at 12:30....and that’s a huge deal? [emoji848]

And your point is???

Regular folks, like us Plats/Diam are the same as you!! We don't like our perks taken away. But , you are correct, who cares?? The point of the comments, removal of another "supposed" perk??:(:(

My point is getting on the ship 60 mins later isn’t a big deal. Maybe they will give you another “gift” like a blanket or tervis cup to keep you happy [emoji23]

Who says it isn't a big deal? Just because it isn't to you doesn't mean it isn't to someone else.

I am not platinum or diamond but am doing my darnedest to get there and am really looking forward to that perk. That is the main reason people spend extra money on faster to the fun because they want to get on the ship earlier before it's crowded, get to their room, drop off their stuff and his the lunch venues before the big lines form.

John Heald posted earlier this morning that this rumor is not true. He also ridiculed a community over this rumor.

Mary on Carnival’s page stated the opposite of what JH posted and acknowledged the elimination of this benefit.

There’s plenty of miscommunication between the two official channels that Carnival utilizes online.

I saw that too on JH & Carnival’s facebook pages. While JH & Carnival say it was a misunderstanding, the website does not list diamonds/platinums as having that perk. Even when you look under FTTF FAQ, it specifically states 1st room access but fails to state that this applies to diamonds/platinums. Add that issue with what seems like many platinums/diamonds stating they were told that their rooms were not ready or that they could not access their rooms...This is a problem that could easily be solved by taking a minute to update Carnival’s website and update ship employees who are giving platinum/diamond folks a hard time. It all seems kind of fishy. Oh and JH was so not right when he blamed another group for starting a rumor when it was actually posted on Carnival’s FB site and incorrectly answered by a carnival employee.

Edited by BookDragon

And if Carnival does away with it, guess what, you will have to adapt....again, not a big deal. You get on the boat at 12:30 instead of 11:30, in the grand scheme of things, no big deal. You are on a 7 day cruise and going to argue that 60 mins is going to make or break your trip? [emoji849]

It is the only perk I find valuable as Platinum status.... well free laundry is nice too...LOL I love how people say if it was true just adapt and deal with later boarding. Sorry...doesn't work that way. They stop cutting perks I have EARNED...... time to move on. Cruising on another line next week for 1st time in 12 cruises.... I may find I like it!!

Are we talking actual embarkation to the ship, or just early cabin access?

Many people, including myself, are Platinum status and have reported not having their cabins ready early in the past couple of months. But, I hadn't heard anything about the early embarkation.

Are we talking actual embarkation to the ship, or just early cabin access?

Many people, including myself, are Platinum status and have reported not having their cabins ready early in the past couple of months. But, I hadn't heard anything about the early embarkation.

Just early cabin access. Evidently it has been removed from Carnival’s website right around the time that they raised the cost to FTTF. People posted b4 and after pics. Initially Carnival said that diamond/platinums no longer had that perk and that only FTTF had it. Then another Carnival employee corrected the statement and said, Yes, Plat/Diam still have the perk. Meanwhile, as of a few minutes ago, it is still absent from Carnival’s site...causing some to wonder if it is a situation of Carnival saying one thing but doing another.

Just early cabin access. Evidently it has been removed from Carnival’s website right around the time that they raised the cost to FTTF. People posted b4 and after pics. Initially Carnival said that diamond/platinums no longer had that perk and that only FTTF had it. Then another Carnival employee corrected the statement and said, Yes, Plat/Diam still have the perk. Meanwhile, as of a few minutes ago, it is still absent from Carnival’s site...causing some to wonder if it is a situation of Carnival saying one thing but doing another.

But the title of this thread is .....removing early embarkation.....?

But the title of this thread is .....removing early embarkation.....?

Not sure...perhaps the OP meant early access? But it is early access to cabins, specifically plats/diamonds reporting not being allowed & Carnival removing this perk from their site and offering only to FTTF, that is causing such a ruckus on FB.

Not sure...perhaps the OP meant early access? But it is early access to cabins, specifically plats/diamonds reporting not being allowed & Carnival removing this perk from their site and offering only to FTTF, that is causing such a ruckus on FB.

I know our cabin wasn't ready on Miracle last month, first time after several platinum cruises, and several others have reported the same...so it wouldn't surprise me if this would be implemented. In the past, changes in operatinos started happening before an actual announcement was ever made.

I know our cabin wasn't ready on Miracle last month, first time after several platinum cruises, and several others have reported the same...so it wouldn't surprise me if this would be implemented. In the past, changes in operatinos started happening before an actual announcement was ever made.

It seems, based on the number of posts I’ve read, that you are not the only one. I would think that if JH were really interested in fixing a wrong, he would ask, “If you are a platinum/diamond members were you denied access to your rooms or was your room ready” type of poll question. TBH, I have purchased FTTF, but I don’t think its fair to remove this perk or not honor the perk from folks who earned it.