Fort Lauderdale Parking

Hobbsey

Hi

I've never driven and parked at this port but will be in Dec. Is there an advantage to paying more and parking on the property or is it easy enough to park off site for half the price and use their off site shuttle? Any one with experience with either or both options?

Jeff

In my opinion, parking at the port itself is so very convienent that it is worth any difference in price. This is particularly so if one is sailing a HAL ship. Most of the time, their ships will dock at the piers immediately adjacent to the Midport Parking Garage so that it is very easy to get to and from either the pier or the garage. If the ship is docked at Pier 29, as they may be when Piers 19, 21, 25, and 26 are busy when the port is very busy, using the shuttle between that pier and the garage is also very easy to do.

Benicia to Florida? Why?

Well, not really.

My family is all here. I went to HS and College here. I faced a lay off two years ago and this seemed a great time to simplify, get back to family, etc. I was able to take my equity from CA and cash out here on a nice house in foreclosure just 5 minutes from the beach.

My wife is not as convinced as me that it was the best idea.

In my opinion, parking at the port itself is so very convienent that it is worth any difference in price. This is particularly so if one is sailing a HAL ship. Most of the time, their ships will dock at the piers immediately adjacent to the Midport Parking Garage so that it is very easy to get to and from either the pier or the garage. If the ship is docked at Pier 29, as they may be when Piers 19, 21, 25, and 26 are busy when the port is very busy, using the shuttle between that pier and the garage is also very easy to do.

That was my guess but was wanting to hear any alternative experiences. Thanks for the post.

Absolutely agree about parking at the port. Convenient, safe, no carting your luggage on and off a shuttle bus (unload and load your car right at the terminal) and fast. You'll be on the interstate on your way home before you are on the shuttle to go to an off-site lot. Well worth the extra $ at least to us.

Absolutely agree about parking at the port. Convenient, safe, no carting your luggage on and off a shuttle bus (unload and load your car right at the terminal) and fast. You'll be on the interstate on your way home before you are on the shuttle to go to an off-site lot. Well worth the extra $ at least to us.

Yeah, it's probably worth the $60 for that convenience. Thanks Peaches.

I see you are from Jacksonville. My husband and I live on Amelia Island and often find a one way rental car (each way) is cheaper than parking. We pick it up at JIA and my DH drops me and the luggage at the port and then returns the rental to FLL. He then jumps on the shuttle and is back at the port in about 30 minutes. This has worked for us many times. On a 10 day cruise it is so much cheaper and we have a new car to drive. When we get back to Port Everglades we hop in a cab to the airport and we are on our way home in another one way rental.

I see you are from Jacksonville. My husband and I live on Amelia Island and often find a one way rental car (each way) is cheaper than parking. We pick it up at JIA and my DH drops me and the luggage at the port and then returns the rental to FLL. He then jumps on the shuttle and is back at the port in about 30 minutes. This has worked for us many times. On a 10 day cruise it is so much cheaper and we have a new car to drive. When we get back to Port Everglades we hop in a cab to the airport and we are on our way home in another one way rental.

Thanks for an interesting idea, I'll look into it and see what the savings might be. I'm anticipating my gas and parking costs to be about $200 combined if I park at the port, about $125 if I park off site. That $75 covers my on board service charge (tips). I'll look into it.

Jeff

Archived