Orlando to Port Canaveral

lostinvegas

Were flying into Orlando from the UK for a cruise from Port Canaveral. Were flying in the day before so time is not too tight. What is the best (cheapest) way to get from a hotel near Orlando airport to Port Canaveral?

Thanks for your help

We are renting a car from the airport, staying a night in cocoa beach pre cruise and returning the car the day of the cruise, to a location near the port. Car rental company has a free shuttle to the port. Cost is $43 for midsize car, one day from Budget.

We are renting a car from the airport, staying a night in cocoa beach pre cruise and returning the car the day of the cruise, to a location near the port. Car rental company has a free shuttle to the port. Cost is $43 for midsize car, one day from Budget.

Make sure there isn't a drop off charge. We were charged one bt Budget when we did this in 2011 because it isn't airport to airport.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the responses I think renting a car would be a good idea for us because we have a couple of days either side of the cruise so could use it to explore Port Canaveral and maybe some of Orlando.

2 years ago we flew into Miami and got a taxi to Fort Lauderdale. It was about $100 and I thought at the time it might have just been cheaper renting a car.

Just another quick question. I have just got a quote for a rental car. The drop of place is downtown Cape Canaveral, is this the same place that does a free shuttle to the cruise port?? also how long does it take to drive from Orlando Airport to Cape Canaveral?

Thanks for your help.

2 years ago we flew into Miami and got a taxi to Fort Lauderdale. It was about $100 and I thought at the time it might have just been cheaper renting a car.

The irony is that one way rentals from Orlando to Port Canaveral are ubiquitous and cheap, while those between FLL and MIA are expensive and difficult to find.

Kevin C

We just did exactly what you are talking about doing. We rented from Avis and stayed in Cocoa Beach the night before. We dropped the car off the next morning and we took the free shuttle to the ship.

If you rent, watch out for the Sun Pass options. I've heard that the rental companies really hit you for the use. The last time we drove the Beeline in January, you can pay cash for tolls. Think there are three tolls, $.75, $1.00, and $1.25.

We always drive from NY to Florida so can't help with rental car info other than the tolls from Orlando to the Port.

If you rent, watch out for the Sun Pass options. I've heard that the rental companies really hit you for the use. The last time we drove the Beeline in January, you can pay cash for tolls. Think there are three tolls, $.75, $1.00, and $1.25.

We always drive from NY to Florida so can't help with rental car info other than the tolls from Orlando to the Port.

Avis charged us $2.50 a day for the sensor plus the toll fee.

We rented a car from Budget last october for $45 for a sonata using a coupon code found on a mouse saver website. They had shuttles to take you to and from the ship, but the line at the airport in orlando was LONG to pick up the car, about 1 hour wait. Really easy drive once out of orlando. Since we flew in a day early and left a day after the cruise, this was the best option for us.

Archived