RCI ships now docking at Crown Bay in St. Thomas

Read that all RCI will now be docking in St. Thomas except if Crown Bay runs out of space. Here is a picture of FR today at Crown Bay.

Where are you getting this? Freedom docked there today, but there is nothing on the schedule going forward that substantiates what you posted.

Read that all RCI will now be docking in St. Thomas except if Crown Bay runs out of space. Here is a picture of FR today at Crown Bay.

IF :eek:..... this is true I'll be sad...I love docking at Havensight and wish improvements (?) were done so that the Oasis class could dock there too.

Only once in St Thomas has my ship has not docked in Crown Bay. The one time we went to Havensight I didnt fall in love with be with it like many on this thread. I liked Crown Bay over Havensight.

So I ask those who like Havensight, why do you like it so much? Is it a throw back to the "old" days? Do you like the trees and the long row buildings? I am curious so I thought I'd ask.

Only once in St Thomas has my ship has not docked in Crown Bay. The one time we went to Havensight I didnt fall in love with be with it like many on this thread. I liked Crown Bay over Havensight.

So I ask those who like Havensight, why do you like it so much? Is it a throw back to the "old" days? Do you like the trees and the long row buildings? I am curious so I thought I'd ask.

You can walk into town from Havensight.

You cannot from Crown Bay.

Andrew, I don't mind Crown Bay, but like Havensight as it's an easy walk into town.

The only times we have ended up at CB is when on Oasis and Allure. All of our other RCI cruises have been at Havensight. Since they built the walk-way from there into town it is a very nice walk... much more scenic and no need to be crossing streets or dealing with traffic. And for folks who want to go to Paradise Point it is a very easy walk over to the gondola. And it is a shorter commute over to Red Hook for those wanting to go over to St. John.

Where are you getting this? Freedom docked there today, but there is nothing on the schedule going forward that substantiates what you posted.

Isn't it interesting(?) how some can take one example (such as Freedom docking at CB) and conclude that this is proof that all of the ships in the fleet will now dock at CB when in St. Thomas.

Isn't it interesting(?) how some can take one example (such as Freedom docking at CB) and conclude that this is proof that all of the ships in the fleet will now dock at CB when in St. Thomas.

Who knows for sure and the OP did say it came from the hotel director. That said, we've gone to St. John on our last few cruises to St. Thomas so either one is fine with me.

I know the person who posted on FB that the hotel director on Freedom told him this. I love this person. I don't doubt that he is rporting what the HD told him.

But I still don't think that it's true. I think that either the HD is wrong, or the HD or friend misunderstood the information about Freedom docking there YESTERDAY had implications going forward.

I know the person who posted on FB that the hotel director on Freedom told him this. I love this person. I don't doubt that he is rporting what the HD told him.

But I still don't think that it's true. I think that either the HD is wrong, or the HD or friend misunderstood the information about Freedom docking there YESTERDAY had implications going forward.

Guess we will have to see what happens at the next Eastern Itinerary on Freedom 7-31-2016 cruise and subsequent FR cruises over the summer. AD is scheduled for a St. Thomas stop on 8-7 (8-6-2016 cruise) AD and FR are the only non-Oasis RCI class ships going to St. Thomas over the summer. By the way, no other ship docked in St. Thomas yesterday.

Guess we will have to see what happens at the next Eastern Itinerary on Freedom 7-31-2016 cruise and subsequent FR cruises over the summer. AD is scheduled for a St. Thomas stop on 8-7 (8-6-2016 cruise) AD and FR are the only non-Oasis RCI class ships going to St. Thomas over the summer. By the way, no other ship docked in St. Thomas yesterday.

He messaged me tonight and wrote:

"Royal signed a contract with St Thomas to dock all ships at Crown Bay for at least the next two years. The only way an RCCL ship will dock at Havensight is if there is an overflow."

He messaged me tonight and wrote:

"Royal signed a contract with St Thomas to dock all ships at Crown Bay for at least the next two years. The only way an RCCL ship will dock at Havensight is if there is an overflow."

That's what I read on the place that cannot be named. I've been researching Crown Bay yesterday and today -- I think they will add more shops. Maybe it will also have less traffic. And anyway, our future cruises out of Port C will be on Oasis so they have to dock at Crown Bay anyway. Maybe we'd take the ferry from Crown Bay to Water Island to check it out. Edited by SherriZ366

I'll miss the convenience/variety/merchants of all the shops and restaurants (I have a favorite) in Havensight. I personally don't care for Crown Bay at all. Last time we docked at Crown Bay (Oasis) we made our way to Havensight and since there wasn't a ship docked there...it was closed up tight...we were surprised and saddened.