Jewel cruise accommodation question for Sydney

JJAuckland

Hi

I am booked on a Christmas cruise leaving Sydney Australia on 20th December & want to book a hotel prior to the cruise. Can anyone share their experience and any suggestions of where to stay?

Not sure if the Jewel sails from Darling Harbour or Circular Quay?

Did anyone stay at a hotel that had a view of the ship?

I am so excited even though I am so far out from my sail date & I just LOVE all the threads on this site especially everyone who takes the time to write their blogs and reviews with photos and dailies for us all to enjoy...thank you!

You will board at The Overseas Passenger Terminal which is Circular Quay. There are a few hotels within walking distance, really depends on your budget.

The Four Seasons is a great option and can afford views of the harbour. You could also look at the Shangri La.

I am still deciding if I want to book that same cruise for this coming Christmas or to South America. I was on the Jewel for Christmas and New Years this year and it was wonderful! You board at The Overseas Passenger Terminal in Circular Quay. The Holliday Inn at the Rocks is very close. I stayed at the Marriot which is also just a few hundred yards away after the cruise. I was in Sydney for a week before we set sail and I stayed a little bit further out but on a metro line. I took the metro to the ship on embarkation day.