Post Charters/Large Groups Here

6rugrats

There are often questions if a certain sailing is chartered or if it has a large group onboard. Maybe keeping a list on this board could provide useful information?

Wind Star 1/12-19, 2019 Costa Rica & Panama Canal. Olivia Charter

Wind Star Looks like many sailings Athens-Athens from May 18, 2018 to October 4, 2018 - Tauck

Star Breeze 7/16-23, 2019 Discover Iceland Olivia Charter

Star Breeze 5/11/18 & 10/09/18 Barcelona to Lisbon - Tauck

Star Pride 5/27/2018 Barcelona to Lisbon - Tauck

Windsurf 6/27/19, 9/1/19, 10/27/19 Barcelona - Lisbon - Tauck

Windsurf 4/1/19, 7/5/19, 9/9/19 Lisbon - Barcelona - Tauck

Edited by 6rugrats

Good idea. Tauck would not bother me in the least but the sales rewards trips would be awful. Ran across a group of 40 a couple of years ago who took over Compass Rose on the Surf which is our favorite spot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tauck should not bother anyone. Very unassuming, very typical WS customers respectful, friendly, quiet etc. We were on an Istanbul to Athens cruise with WS and 20 cabin were Tauk you would never have known they were a group. We have been on cruises that included small groups of friends that were rowdy and inconsiderate cigar smokers. That also is few and far between. Olivia Charters are very high end lady’s cruises and they usually take the entire ship for a week. Happy Sailing

I was finally curious enough to look up Tauck. Here's one itin on the Star:

http://www.tauck.com/tours/europe-tours/central-and-eastern-europe-tours/greek-island-cruise-gta-2018

It looks like they package together excursions, the lower-level WS beverage package and 2 nights after the cruise into a single deal. For 2018 they offer this itinerary on thirteen departures from May 17 until October 10. None of these appear on the Spirit itinerary list. Does this mean Tauck has chartered the entire ship?

Did b2b on Wind Surf last month. First week we had two groups of about 12 each who were more annoying than any Tauck group would be. One group took over Compass Rose every afternoon and was very loud. The other group talked constantly through the port talk in the lounge every night. No way to know if you’re going to have groups like this on your cruise. Just grin and bear it! Didn’t let it ruin our cruise.

Nothing could be as bad as the 100 Parrot Heads we had on the Star Legend a year ago!

With no offense meant to the many wonderful Texans I know, I'll raise you 100 big haired twangy Texan women who'atook over the entire ship, starting drinking before breakfast, kept drinking all day and got louder and twangier as the day went on.

With no offense meant to the many wonderful Texans I know, I'll raise you 100 big haired twangy Texan women who'atook over the entire ship, starting drinking before breakfast, kept drinking all day and got louder and twangier as the day went on.

My friend who is Texan always told me Texas girls are sweet....................... what happened?

I spent some time once talking to a waiter on the Windsurf about the nudist charter they do. Each guest carries around a towel to sit on. The crew doesn't like it AT ALL. This was a few years ago. I don't know if they still have that one.

Star Pride 8/2/18-8/9/18 "Around Iceland" - Source Events (Alternative Lifestyle) large group.

I see its quoted online as "super gay"

Nice, I wonder if they have it exclusively or just some of the cabins?

Windstar has this cruise listed on their webpage, so assume it’s not a full charter.

As a straight guy who sometimes cruises solo I think I will take my chances with the 100 big haired hard drinking Texan ladies.