Disembarkation in Civitavecchia Rome

SteamboatFilly

Hello!

We are on the Classic Italy sailing aboard the Wind Surf arriving in to the Port of Rome, Civitavecchia on June 13. The documents say arrival 7:00 AM, Disembarkation 8:00 AM. My question is how long will disembarkation take? We are purchasing train tickets from the Civitavecchia station (5 min taxi from port) and would like to book the earliest train that we could safely make.

I appreciate any insight you can offer.on the subject.

Windstar disembarks in groups, those going to the hotel, those going on tours, those who arranged their own transportation. The groups will begin to disembark at 8am. Then you pick up your luggage. I would suggest not planning on being at the train station before 9:30.

On past trips when we had our own transportation we have been able to get off on first group or first off ship even after ship clears customs. With carryon luggage. We just indicated our own transportation on the disembarkation forms they have you fill out towards the end of the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We looked at the train and it seemed to involve a bus to the station? Or I think the walk wasn’t close. We wound up booking a shared car service and they were waiting for us. I think an hour after docking is a good plan unless in a hurry. WS tends to let individual travels off at their leisure, but we were in no hurry and had breakfast on board. I’m not sure you really need to prebook that train or that tickets are even for a specific train but it’s been awhile.

If you weren’t dragging luggage it’s an easy walk to train station. Frequent trains [emoji577] to Rome.

Thank you! We will have a minimal amount of luggage for that very reason[emoji109] Plus, we will be resting on the train from Rome to Milan, so a brisk morning walk will be nice. Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On past trips when we had our own transportation we have been able to get off on first group or first off ship even after ship clears customs. With carryon luggage. We just indicated our own transportation on the disembarkation forms they have you fill out towards the end of the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thank you!! This is very helpful information.

We looked at the train and it seemed to involve a bus to the station? Or I think the walk wasn’t close. We wound up booking a shared car service and they were waiting for us. I think an hour after docking is a good plan unless in a hurry. WS tends to let individual travels off at their leisure, but we were in no hurry and had breakfast on board. I’m not sure you really need to prebook that train or that tickets are even for a specific train but it’s been awhile.

First, I love your user name!

Thank you for your note. We are on a mission to quickly get to Lake Como so the earlier we can get to Roma Termini station, the better our chances are of connecting to a fast train to Milan, and on to Como in time to enjoy a nice evening.

I’ve read that there is a bus to the station and the walk can be a tad far, so I think we will hop in to a taxi to get us there swiftly and without breaking a wheel on our luggage.

We've arrived into that port three times, so we thought we had it all figured out, to walk over to the Hertz car rental, which is adjacent to the train station. No problem, right. Well, we didn't realize they MOVED the port! So it was a VERY long walk, and it was very hot. We made it, but some lessons learned: there were now other car rentals directly where we came out of the gate; there were taxis, too, AND we learned we could have called Hertz to come pick us up. Yes, live and learn.