Magic in Belize -How long does it take to get on a tender?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:27 AM.
74 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
We will be on the Magic in April. We will stop in Belize. Our cruise is almost sold out. I realized there is a lot of variables at play, but what time might I be able to take a tender if I am in line first thing. I know that suites, fttf, vifp status, and carnival tours go first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
North Carolina
2,202 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
You and your party need to get in line to get tender tickets first. Everyone in the party will need to be there to get their tickets. Other than that, you're right, many variables will decide when you can get on the tender.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North Carolina
2,202 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by champagne123
No rush...Belize is not an Island I would rush to get a tender for. We always stay on the ship.
Actually, Belize is not an island, it is part of mainland Central America.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North West NJ
5,698 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Pyrate13
Actually, Belize is not an island, it is part of mainland Central America.
Sorry.......you are correct. So used to saying "island".
Panama City, Florida
232 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
No rush...Belize is not an Island I would rush to get a tender for. We always stay on the ship.
Belize is one of our favorite cruise destinations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Conquest Nov 2012
Norwegian Sun Oct 2011
Carnival Fascination May 2011
Carnival Triumph Nov 2010
Norwegian Spirit Nov 2009
North Carolina
2,202 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Sorry.......you are correct. So used to saying "island".
Yup, it's easy to do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New Mexico
2,385 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Tendering to the port usually takes about 20 minutes, but it takes about 20 minutes to fill up the boats, too, then unload. Expect at least a half hour from the moment you get on to getting off.
As far was waiting in line, don't do that. You will be standing in a long line that wraps around the entire floor (Deck 1 or Deck 2) for an hour at least. Just wait, if you don't have an excursion rushing you. The boats hold at least 200-300 people each, and they will have at least 2 filling up at all times, then another pulls up immediately after one leaves. It will go like that for a couple of hours at least.

If you have a Carnival excursion you will meet in the theatre, as stated on your tickets, and will be lead to a tender together. If you DO NOT have a Carnival excursion, but an independent excursion, you will find out from Guest Services where to meet to get a tender ticket to get you on an earlier one. The other people, standing in the long long lines down the hall will go last.

Just a heads up....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our cruises: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/Cruises
Our full photo site: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/
All my videos: https://vimeo.com/user466791

Next cruise: Carnival VISTA - Apr 2019
Last cruise: Carnival Glory - May 2018: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/Cruis...Carnival-Glory
All Previous: Carnival Freedom (2x), Magic (2x), Liberty, Glory, Legend Alaska, Breeze.
New Mexico
2,385 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Really????????
I have to agree, Belize and Roatan are my two favorite ports. We like adventure, and hate fancy resorts.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our cruises: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/Cruises
Our full photo site: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/
All my videos: https://vimeo.com/user466791

Next cruise: Carnival VISTA - Apr 2019
Last cruise: Carnival Glory - May 2018: https://rnrtackett.smugmug.com/Cruis...Carnival-Glory
All Previous: Carnival Freedom (2x), Magic (2x), Liberty, Glory, Legend Alaska, Breeze.
74 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by ABQrobin
Tendering to the port usually takes about 20 minutes, but it takes about 20 minutes to fill up the boats, too, then unload. Expect at least a half hour from the moment you get on to getting off.
As far was waiting in line, don't do that. You will be standing in a long line that wraps around the entire floor (Deck 1 or Deck 2) for an hour at least. Just wait, if you don't have an excursion rushing you. The boats hold at least 200-300 people each, and they will have at least 2 filling up at all times, then another pulls up immediately after one leaves. It will go like that for a couple of hours at least.

If you have a Carnival excursion you will meet in the theatre, as stated on your tickets, and will be lead to a tender together. If you DO NOT have a Carnival excursion, but an independent excursion, you will find out from Guest Services where to meet to get a tender ticket to get you on an earlier one. The other people, standing in the long long lines down the hall will go last.

Just a heads up....
Thanks for the info. We do have a private tour booked and hoping to get off ASAP. We will be there early for a ticket.
Fredericksburg, va. USA
87,923 Posts
Joined May 2001
We are seldom in a "rush" to get off...so we will let the 1st tender or two go...and then get in line, and we're on the next tender. It's not the nightmare you are imagining.
Colorado
5,731 Posts
Joined Jun 2001

If you are talking about Belize City yes, stay on the ship. However, Ambergris Cay is spectacular, especially if you are onto snorkeling or diving. Belize has the second largest barrier reef. The beaches are pristine. So to your question, Really? Yes, really it's beautiful
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnivale 82
Carla C 84
Big Red Boat 94
Imagination 96
Holiday 98
Elation 99
Victory 12/01
Destiny 12/15/02
Valor 12/19/04
Miracle 12/31/06
Victory 12/30/07
NCL Star 9/10/2011
Dream 01/03/2016 B2B 21 days
Magic 01/07/2017 B2B 14 days
Miracle 01/13/2018 Transcanal 14 days
Conquest 2/25/2018 B2B 14 days
Texas
1,376 Posts
Joined May 2013
All I can say is good luck.

Out of the I think 5 cruises now where Belize was one our ports of call, we've been there twice. Almost every single time, we get there and within 30 min or so of arrival, the captain will come on and announce that for whatever reason (it varies. Usually has to do with the sea being too rough to allow safe boarding of tender boats), we're not actually going to be allowed to board the tender boats. At some point the boat will turn around and we'll head off to..wherever.

Watching people lose their minds over a missed port stop can be hilarious, though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Living Dat Cruise Life....
Boldly going forward, because I can't find reverse!

Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey can leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are.

Mom to a kid with Asperger's (aka high functioning Autism)
Cruises:
Carnival Fascination June 2013
Carnival Triumph August 2013
Carnival Triumph June AND July 2014! WOOP WOOP!!
Carnival Freedom--Spring Break 2015
Carnival Magic--June 2015--Goodbye to Elementary Days cruise
Carnival Freedom--Jan 2016--A Winter Getaway
Carnival Freedom--Mar5--Spring Break 2016
Carnival Triumph--June 20, 2016--Summertime and the living is EAAAAAAAAASY!
Carnival Triumph-Spring Break 2017--N'Awlins here we come!
Carnival Breeze--June 2017--Goodbye Old Job, Hello New Job!
Carnival Breeze--June 2018--Goodbye Middle School, HELLOOOOO High School!

Next Cruise:
July 25, 2018--Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

I like to play with sticks and string!
Where mah knittas at?

Unofficial Official Arts and Crafts Director

Member of the Cruise Director Jen fan club

Member of the Schwartz Fan Club--We U too!
Member of the Matey Fan Club--CHEEERIO!

Ridgeland, Mississippi
705 Posts
Joined May 2002
For us last year there was no wait to get on the tender. Coming back the wait was over two hours. Think they had too many ships in port on that day.
South Carolina
448 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by IPlayWithString
All I can say is good luck.

Out of the I think 5 cruises now where Belize was one our ports of call, we've been there twice. Almost every single time, we get there and within 30 min or so of arrival, the captain will come on and announce that for whatever reason (it varies. Usually has to do with the sea being too rough to allow safe boarding of tender boats), we're not actually going to be allowed to board the tender boats. At some point the boat will turn around and we'll head off to..wherever.

Watching people lose their minds over a missed port stop can be hilarious, though.
I've heard about this, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get ashore in May so we can go see Mayan ruins for the first time. But, if we can't, oh well, there will be future cruises and It'll give me an excuse to go play penny slots with my refund
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
4/27/2019 Carnival Sunshine

Past Cruises:
5/6/2018 Carnival Miracle
4/8/2017 Carnival Ecstasy
5/10/2010 Carnival Fascination
10/12/2008 Carnival Pride
5/14/2007 Carnival Celebration
9/10/2006 Carnival Sensation
10/10/2004 Carnival Fantasy
Texas
1,376 Posts
Joined May 2013
mexicobob wasn't kidding either. The last time we were actually able to go to Belize, we stood in line for well over an hour waiting to get back on a tender because of how many ships there were in port that day. It was a frigging nightmare and provided we actually GET to go to Belize on our next cruise, we're probably not even getting off the boat because of that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Living Dat Cruise Life....
Boldly going forward, because I can't find reverse!

Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey can leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are.

Mom to a kid with Asperger's (aka high functioning Autism)
Cruises:
Carnival Fascination June 2013
Carnival Triumph August 2013
Carnival Triumph June AND July 2014! WOOP WOOP!!
Carnival Freedom--Spring Break 2015
Carnival Magic--June 2015--Goodbye to Elementary Days cruise
Carnival Freedom--Jan 2016--A Winter Getaway
Carnival Freedom--Mar5--Spring Break 2016
Carnival Triumph--June 20, 2016--Summertime and the living is EAAAAAAAAASY!
Carnival Triumph-Spring Break 2017--N'Awlins here we come!
Carnival Breeze--June 2017--Goodbye Old Job, Hello New Job!
Carnival Breeze--June 2018--Goodbye Middle School, HELLOOOOO High School!

Next Cruise:
July 25, 2018--Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

I like to play with sticks and string!
Where mah knittas at?

Unofficial Official Arts and Crafts Director

Member of the Cruise Director Jen fan club

Member of the Schwartz Fan Club--We U too!
Member of the Matey Fan Club--CHEEERIO!

Long Island, NY
307 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
My experience this past summer on the Dream was pretty good. Those with Carnival excursions or plat/diamond were called first. Then the rest of us were called to line up for tickets. We were worried because we had an early private excursion, but even with 2 kids in tow making us move slowly, we were on like the 3rd tender & made our excursion with time to spare.

Oh and when it was time to go back, it was only a few minute's wait before we got a tender. Maybe we were lucky.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
8/2004- Carnival Victory- St. John, Nova Scotia

8/2012- Carnival Imagination- Nassau

5/2013- Carnival Victory- Key West, Cozumel

7/2014- Carnival Freedom- Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk

3/2015- Carnival Valor- Puerto Rico, St Maarten, St Thomas

1/2016- Carnival Sensation- Freeport, Nassau

10/2016- Carnival Splendor- Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

08/2017- Carnival Dream- Cozumel, Roatan, Belize

03/2018- Carnival Vista- Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Grand Turk