SURPRISE! Last minute upsell offer.

DaveOKC

What a surprise I just got! We are departing Sunday for a 7 day cruise and it has been Sold Out in all categories except for Insides for over a month, so I was not expecting an upsell offer from our Vista cabin to a Neptune. Since the size difference in cabins is almost double, we were very happy to grab the $319 price pp. There was only one cabin open, so I took it immediately (I guess they must have had a last minute cancellation). It was an SA cabin in a good location (IMO).

You sometimes get lucky when you least expect it. Of course, I have to reprint my boarding passes and luggage tags now (such a problem!).

What a surprise I just got! We are departing Sunday for a 7 day cruise and it has been Sold Out in all categories except for Insides for over a month, so I was not expecting an upsell offer from our Vista cabin to a Neptune. Since the size difference in cabins is almost double, we were very happy to grab the $319 price pp. There was only one cabin open, so I took it immediately (I guess they must have had a last minute cancellation). It was an SA cabin in a good location (IMO).

You sometimes get lucky when you least expect it. Of course, I have to reprint my boarding passes and luggage tags now (such a problem!).

I’ll take that problem! Lol

That's super, Dave! Always nice when the upgrade fairy sprinkles you with her magic dust. We've booked a guarantee for our upcoming cruise, which we've never done before, and are waiting to see if we get visited. If we don't, that's still fine.

Congrats! Timing is everything, isn't it? Please come back and let us know how you enjoyed the extra space.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

What is funny is that we wanted to experience a Vista cabin (never stayed in one before) since we also have one booked for a 15 day cruise in Dec. and wanted to be sure before we finalized the reservation. We have been in Neptunes on the smaller ships before and really enjoyed them, but on the longer cruises the fare difference is quite a bit.

Guess I will just have to suffer with the larger cabin!

Edited by DaveOKC

Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise! When you arrive in your Suite, be prepared for some "terrible decisions" you will have to make. Which closets ought we use? Which drawers ought we use? Should we ask the Concierge to have both hot and cold hors d'oerves delivered in the afternoon or just the cold ones or the hot ones?

Enjoy!!!

Just a curious question

I would have thought the upgrade offer would go to a signature suite before a vista

Any thoughts?

On the "smaller" HAL ships there are no Signature Suites. Thats why the upsell is a better deal (IMO) on this size ship, as you almost double the size of the cabin. Going from a Signature to a Neptune (on the larger ships) is more like a 1/3rd or 1/4th larger cabin.

First world problem. :)

Congrats on your upgrade!

My ship is filling fast and I am happy with my balcony cabin, but still wouldn't mind a last minute upsell to a Neptune. :)

On the "smaller" HAL ships there are no Signature Suites. Thats why the upsell is a better deal (IMO) on this size ship, as you almost double the size of the cabin. Going from a Signature to a Neptune (on the larger ships) is more like a 1/3rd or 1/4th larger cabin.

Thanks. Was not aware of this

First world problem. :)

Congrats on your upgrade!

My ship is filling fast and I am happy with my balcony cabin, but still wouldn't mind a last minute upsell to a Neptune. :)

Sean, we made final payment today. We are in a SS on the Noordam, and there seems to be a lot of availability for the Neptune Suites. I am just not sure there is much value in the Suites to warrant the upsell cost. We will see IF that becomes an option for me. Dave, please excuse the off topic.

Just a curious question

I would have thought the upgrade offer would go to a signature suite before a vista

Any thoughts?

Plus it has happened to us before that we were able to jump two levels from an outside if wanted to. We didn't want to spend that much so we just chose the balcony cabin.

Sean, we made final payment today. We are in a SS on the Noordam, and there seems to be a lot of availability for the Neptune Suites. I am just not sure there is much value in the Suites to warrant the upsell cost. We will see IF that becomes an option for me. Dave, please excuse the off topic.

An SS is really nice and would probably do the same and stay. Plus there are no handicap SS that we would like, so the Neptune would be the next place to go for us.