Crown Bay Shopping

sopo1953

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam Dec. 8th and assume we will be docking at Crown Bay while in St. Thomas. We haven't been at Crown Bay in three years and were wondering if any of the shops have opened yet. We are especially interested in finding a liquor store:D . We will spend the morning at Coki beach snorkeling and then would love to be able to shop after lunch right at the pier. I miss Havensight:( . We would be willing to walk to a store if there is one in the area. Thanks in advance for any help given!

Yes, there is now a liquor store there - Supreme Liquor I think is the name. From what I've heard, AH Riise actually owns it.

Near Crown Bay dock, you can also get liquor at Gourmet Gallery and the Pueblo Supermarket. Both within walking distance with Pueblo being the farther (or is it further???)

Does anyone know what other stores may be open? We were there in April 06 and the buildings were all built but none of the stores were open. I'm going again this April and think we'll be docking at Crown Bay and I was hoping we could do some shopping right there.

I know Milano Jewels, and I think Diamonds International and Royal Caribbean.

Many of the stores are new to the island, and probably the Caribbean, but here's what they have:

Laser Something or Other - they do laser engraving from photos while you wait

V&G's - sells mostly ladies' clothing and accessories and island souvenirs.

Blue Something or Other - Island souvenirs and gifts with small amount of clothing

Various kiosks manned by local vendors selling costume jewelry, purses, t-shirts, etc

An ice cream store (not Ben & Jerry's or anything like that)

Another ladies' boutique that didn't have a sign

I'm probably missing a few, and by April, I'm sure there will be more.

Yes, there is now a liquor store there - Supreme Liquor I think is the name. From what I've heard, AH Riise actually owns it.

Near Crown Bay dock, you can also get liquor at Gourmet Gallery and the Pueblo Supermarket. Both within walking distance with Pueblo being the farther (or is it further???)

We shopped at Supreme Liquor and thought they had pretty good prices on single-malt Scotch, so we bought a bottle. They even wrapped the box around the bottle with bubble wrap, so we would feel OK about packing it in a suitcase.

Since we have been to St. Thomas several times before (and will be there again in Feb.), we use this day mostly to chill-out on the ship.

DavidnSteph

The Pueblo Supermarket is the closest place. It's within walking distance, but it's not right at the dock. Gourmet Gallery is closer, but it's usually more expensive on most things than Pueblo.

Hopefully they'll have a Coke product sale when you get here :-)

The Pueblo Supermarket is the closest place. It's within walking distance, but it's not right at the dock. Gourmet Gallery is closer, but it's usually more expensive on most things than Pueblo.

Hopefully they'll have a Coke product sale when you get here :-)

I think I bought Diet Coke at that supermarket before.lol It seemed like a hike back to the ship carrying that heavy diet coke (and other things we smuggled onto the ship:D )

cruzfield, authentic or knock-off Coach? The authentic Coach stores are in town and Yacht Haven Grande. I know the vendor has "designer" purses, but I don't know if they had Coach. I remember some gorgeous pink bags, but can't remember the designer.

Archived