Flight time changed. Please Help!

Hi. I'm planning on going on the med cruise from bacelona on RCI. I just found out that my flight back got changed from 1pm to 10:40am. I am now very nervous. please tell me what time I should get off ship in order to make it. how long does debarkation take if we take our own luggage and how long from port to airport. Thank you all in advance!

Hi. I'm planning on going on the med cruise from bacelona on RCI. I just found out that my flight back got changed from 1pm to 10:40am. I am now very nervous. please tell me what time I should get off ship in order to make it. how long does debarkation take if we take our own luggage and how long from port to airport. Thank you all in advance!

Same exact change I got (Continental) for our Sept. cruise. From what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem, but we'll have to make sure we're in the first group off.

The Airport is a md house, 5 years ago we left out of Barcelona on a early flight i think it was around 9:00AM but our ship got to port at 4:00am, we had transfers from the ship that I will never do again. If you can locate a taxi use it and request from the ship to be the 1st one off, you could make it with a taxi before the heard leaves and gets to the Airport. We will have the same issues on our trip in June, our flight out of Rome is at 10:50AM, but I am not going to worrie about that if we miss the flight well then I'll stay another day on vacation.

If I remember correctly the Airport is not too far from the Port, so long you getthere 2 hours before departure you should make it. Get a Taxi!!

We have an 9:30am flight out of Rome and our ship docks at 4am. Princess Line does not recommend that early of a flight. However, we called and was told we should be off by 5:30am and with a private car waiting we will make it.

We had a 9:50am flight in Barcelona. Was easy, we were among the first off, a private car was waiting and we had plenty of time--but the airport in Barcelona is much closer to the port than in Rome.

Wishing you well

Steven

We had 10 am flights out of BCN last Dec. and didn't have any problems getting to the airport on time. The ship docked early and we were off the ship in the first group at 6:15 am. When you fill out your disembarkation forms just let your cruise line know that you have early flights and they will schedule you in the first group. We did not take our own luggage off but being in the first group, we were able to retrieve our luggage very quickly and get off the ship.

I pre-arranged a taxi pickup through Angie's Taxi (it was E45.00 for 4 of us) and the driver was waiting on the dock for us. It is about a 20 min. trip to the airport and we were checked in and having coffee by 7 am. Our driver showed up w/ a nice minivan and unloaded our luggage at the airport for us. Very easy way to go.

Mary

if you can get your money back from Continental do so. I had a flight booked on US Air. I went to check on my flight and it said that my flight time had changed and asked if I accepted the change. I called immediately and they said that if I didn't accept the change in time I was entitled to a full refund. I got the whole $2500 refunded to my credit card within 5 days.

My mother loves Continental and had frequent flyer miles on Continental- so continues to fly them. Everytime they fly to Europe they have problems. I'd switch airlines.

As for the question about making a 10:40 flight. That means that you have to get to the airport by 8:40. It takes at minimum 30 minutes to get to the airport with no traffic. So that means you have to be in your taxi by 8:10.

When I was on Celebrity Millenium, docked in Barcelona, I wasn't off the ship before 9AM and the taxi line took another 40 minutes.

I pre-arranged a taxi pickup through Angie's Taxi (it was E45.00 for 4 of us) and the driver was waiting on the dock for us. It is about a 20 min. trip to the airport and we were checked in and having coffee by 7 am. Our driver showed up w/ a nice minivan and unloaded our luggage at the airport for us. Very easy way to go.

Mary

Mary,

Do you have an email for Angie's Taxi?

We have an 9:30am flight out of Rome and our ship docks at 4am. Princess Line does not recommend that early of a flight. However, we called and was told we should be off by 5:30am and with a private car waiting we will make it.

We had a 9:50am flight in Barcelona. Was easy, we were among the first off, a private car was waiting and we had plenty of time--but the airport in Barcelona is much closer to the port than in Rome.

Wishing you well

Steven

A 9:30 AM flight out of Rome would scare the hell out of me. It's the worst airport I've ever been in. 1 hour and 45 minutes just to check my luggage in the Business Class line with two parties in front of me. We got to the airport 4 hours ahead of time. :eek:

:) i agree with the previous poster....leaving from Rome is not like leaving from Barcelona for example..you might be hard pushed to make that flight at 9:30...maybe you can reshedule now ..if you miss your flight will you be charged a fee if it was your own fault? then if you have a connection you will really be stuck...

Wishing you well

Steven

OP, can't tell where you are departing from! Don't know how Rome got into the picture since you don't mention anything about it.

IF you are flying out of Barcelona, you will make it easily. They start self-disembark at 6 AM--be sure to sign up for it. You will keep your bags and wheel them off yourself, starting at about 6:15. It is a breeze. You may wait 5 minutes for a taxi to the airport and you should be there by 7 or 7:30 at the VERY latest.

We had an 8:15 train and were at the station before 7--and were at the end of the line because I forgot my SeaPass and had to search through all my bags, then go back up and get someone to let me in the cabin and there it was.

IF you are flying out of Rome, it will be tight.

Cathy

Here's the website and email for Angie:

http://www.taxiinternacional.com

Angietaxi33@yahoo.com

I do recall that she did not respond immediately after I sent the email but I did hear back from her in a couple of days.

When you email her tell her how many people in your party, how many pieces of luggage you will have for everyone in your party, the exact date you will disembark in Barcelona and the time you will be off the ship. She is very specific about the time that you need to be picked up.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
A 9:30 AM flight out of Rome would scare the hell out of me. It's the worst airport I've ever been in. 1 hour and 45 minutes just to check my luggage in the Business Class line with two parties in front of me. We got to the airport 4 hours ahead of time. :eek:

Wow, don't scare me. I have a 9:40am flight from Rome at the end of my cruise. I have read that you can keep your bags and take them with you in the morning to speed up your departure. Has anyone done this? I have a driver at the Civitavecchia port for transfer's.

Thanks

No way I would do a flight at that time. It will take you over an hour to get to the airport and you have to check in 1.5 hours before your flight. So that means disembarking no later than 7:30 and being in the taxi by 7:45. I wouldn't chance it. Stay an extra night in Rome.

Wow, don't scare me. I have a 9:40am flight from Rome at the end of my cruise. I have read that you can keep your bags and take them with you in the morning to speed up your departure. Has anyone done this? I have a driver at the Civitavecchia port for transfer's.

Thanks

What time can you get off the ship? I think you could be calling it pretty close, although the new Terminal 5 has really helped expedite the wait for check-in for international flights to the US.

Same exact change I got (Continental) for our Sept. cruise. From what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem, but we'll have to make sure we're in the first group off.

We had a CONTINENTAL flight at 10:40 also (Dec. 2007) after our Brilliance cruise. We had stayed over 1 night post cruise to 1) not have to break our necks getting to the airport and 2) to enjoy Barcelona.

Long story short.....we left hotel before 8 am arriving at airport a good 2-1/2 hrs before flight for checkin. That's where the fun began. The line for CONTINENTAL checkin was OUT THE DOOR long ...... not kidding. We stood in line for 2 hrs. Luckily our flight was delayed (which we found out about halfway to the counter) but we still had to really really rush to get thru security, immigration and to our gate.....

None of the other airline counters had lines like this.....just Continental. We had also checked in and printed out our boarding passes at the hotel the night before....but didnt help as they told us those were no good and gave us new ones.

Allow yourself as much time as you can. Traffic can be a challenge here too.

Wishing you well

Steven

Lots of luck!:rolleyes:

Archived