From pier to Copenhagen Airport

Nghthawke

Okay. I was able to find more information:

It looks like the Eurodam will be docked at the Orientkaj Pier (?) Kaj. Nr. C254. This would put us at the Freeport Terminal yes??

http://www.skibe.cmport.com/coins/kbhhavn.nsf

Pas mal - mon ami!!!

Indeed you are in Freeport

2008-EURODAM-4022-Kbh-Frhvn-CT.jpg

2008-EURODAM-4021-Kbh-Frhvn-CT.jpg

and the bad thing is:

two other ships as well: GRAND VOYAGER and MSC ORCHESTRA. Last is also debarking.

When we arrived in Copenhagen the bottle neck was this:

2008-EURODAM-4025-Kbh-Frhvn-CT.jpg

So the taxi line was the queue and MSC LIRICA (she was much smaller than MSC ORCHESTRA...) was there and some passengers from them who did not want to wait just grabbed "our" taxis...

And my flight leave 11.20 hrs - so I see how you managed it and then let's see how we should manage it...

Regards,

HeinBloed

PLEASE NO DAMAGES!!! I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A COMPLETE AND UNSPOILED SHIP IN JULY!!!

Hmmm... didn't see that the first time. Looks like the MSC Orchestra doesn't berth until 9 am. So if we were off the ship before then we might be okay. I know I should be looking at afternoon flights but that means a layover in London followed by another layover in Toronto -- adding 5-7+ hours extra travel time.

We might have to book two taxis as there are five of us altogether plus luggage... no shuttles from the terminal to the airport/metro?

Check this side:

http://www.codantaxi.dk/index.php?id=202

Store vogne means large cars...

And as far as I understand Danish (in my previous life I was a Viking...):

They have cars which can accomodate 5, 6, 7 or 8 guests.

Try it: info@codantaxi.dk

Regards,

HeinBloed

Anyone know the cost of a taxi for 2 people from the airport to the Pier. Is there only one Pier? Will be taking Princess on June 15. thanks!

There is more than one pier:

Langeline and Freeport.

Your ship will berth Freeport.

Depending to the day and time of travel and traffic situation between 200 and 250 DKK.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks! Do you happen to know if we can take the public transportation (train) to Freeport instead of taking a cab?

Check here:

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Copy and paste the origin point:

Fra: Kastrup Lufthavn, Udenrigs (Tog, Metro, Bus)

and destination point:

Til: Kalkbrænderihavnsgade

from there about 3-5 minutes walk to the cruise terminal...

Regards,

HeinBloed

thanks so much for this info. looks like you take the metro then transfer to a bus. I think we'll spring for the cab then. we'll be staying at the hilton airport hotel and will be taking the train to the city center the day before so maybe we'll take a break from the trains and buses and do the cab thing. I understand the tips are included in the cab fares, is this true?

HAL's website says: "All luggage is either laid down in the disembarkation hall by color/number order, or is taken to the airport and lined up for guests to claim prior to checking in with the airlines. Once you are invited to exit the ship please come and find your color/number or you will be directed to the buses and will claim your bags at the airport. Please exit the building with all family members and luggage, once you leave you cannot re-enter."

Does this mean that we don't even have to worry about getting luggage into a taxi? That HAL will get our luggage to the airport for us or that HAL will get our luggage to the airport if we purchase a HAL Airport Transfer?

"In Copenhagen, disembarkation typically starts at approximately 7AM and ends at 10AM."

HAL's website says: "All luggage is either laid down in the disembarkation hall by color/number order, or is taken to the airport and lined up for guests to claim prior to checking in with the airlines. Once you are invited to exit the ship please come and find your color/number or you will be directed to the buses and will claim your bags at the airport. Please exit the building with all family members and luggage, once you leave you cannot re-enter."

Does this mean that we don't even have to worry about getting luggage into a taxi? That HAL will get our luggage to the airport for us or that HAL will get our luggage to the airport if we purchase a HAL Airport Transfer?

"In Copenhagen, disembarkation typically starts at approximately 7AM and ends at 10AM."

... IF you book THEIR transfer...

But if you take a taxi you need to collect your baggage after you left the ship in the baggage hall... queue up for a taxi... and pay the porter who will help you to get your your baggage in...

But if you are in HURRY you might need to carry your bags yourself from the ship and can leave at ANYTIME...

otherwise you wait for the COLOR and NUMBER of your baggage tags.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Check this side:

http://www.codantaxi.dk/index.php?id=202

Store vogne means large cars...

And as far as I understand Danish (in my previous life I was a Viking...):

They have cars which can accomodate 5, 6, 7 or 8 guests.

Try it: info@codantaxi.dk

Regards,

HeinBloed

I got an answer from them and will pre-book my car in future to avoid to queue for a taxi:

It is possibel to prebook a taxi but not so long time before.

It is only possibel to order a month in advance.

DANTAXI

Claes Isted

Tlf: 38 77 00 79

claes@codantaxi.dk

I asked also an organisation who is taking care of incoming passengers but they want 750 DKK + 25% VAT.

Best regards,

HeinBloed

I did not get a reply from CODANTAXI. I heard from DANSK Limousine and they want 1030 DKK.

So it may be cheaper for our group of five to split into two and take two taxis to the airport?

Also, if the Eurodam berths in Copenhagen at 5 am what time will self-disembarkation be allowed?

Thanks.

Also, if the Eurodam berths in Copenhagen at 5 am what time will self-disembarkation be allowed?

Let's see how I can help...

Official arrival time was with us 07.00 am.

We got following questionaire:

2009CPHDebark01-vi.jpg

So you see between 7.15 am and 7.45 am according to EXPEDITED DISEMBARKATION.

If you turn over the questionaire you can also choose to select a dedicated time:

2009CPHDebark02-vi.jpg

And before debarkation you get this letter:

2009CPHDebark03-vi.jpg

So if you have decided for 08.30 hrs you obviously can get from board between 08.00 hrs and 08.30 hrs.

Hope that these information are helpful for you.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
How do you find out how many ships are in port. We are on the Emerald Princess July 25 sailing, Last time we just grabbed a taxi and it was easy but I hadn't considered that there may be other ships and we have a 10;30 flight. eeehkkk.

and then click on

Krydstogts-liste

and you got the list.

Regards,

HeinBloed

and then click on

Krydstogts-liste

and you got the list.

Regards,

HeinBloed

So HeinBloed - We're arriving on the Journey on 24 Jul 2009 and it says C245 versus the other two ships that are C190. Will the Journey be at Freeport?

Prebooking the taxis - how's our chances on the people speaking English if we just call them?

Thanks

Archived