Hotel Jazz to ship

Pre-cruise we'll be at the Hotel Jazz...think northern end of Las Ramblas. I'm thinking the easiest way to the ship is by cab in the late morning, at least to get our bags checked so we can hang out in town till later.

What would the approximate cab fare be and do they take you right to the ship or only to the Columbus Monument, where we'd need to catch the port shuttle bus?

Is there actually any other option to the port? No we won't walk. We'll be doing enough of that just touring.

I'm sure I read this info before, but can't find it.

Thanks to all you pros!

Yes, cab is by far your best option. We were staying in the same area and our cab fare was 13 euros, right to the terminal and baggage check. No need to mess with the port bus (that's Rome and Livorno). We checked our bags at about 10:30, THEN, without luggage, rode the port bus and hopped on the metro and went back to Sagrada Familia for one last look. The port bus is great if you don't have the bags to worry about.

Have fun!

Cathy

We're doing the opposite, staying at Hotel Jazz post-cruise. If we take a taxi to the Hotel will they hold our luggage until it's time to check in? We're hoping to spend the better part of the day exploring the city before we fly home the next afternoon. many thanks, Dianne

We're doing the opposite, staying at Hotel Jazz post-cruise. If we take a taxi to the Hotel will they hold our luggage until it's time to check in? We're hoping to spend the better part of the day exploring the city before we fly home the next afternoon. many thanks, Dianne

Oh yes, I'm sure they will. Any reputable hotel has done it for us when we travel. I certainly would get over and drop them off and then be on your way. Hey, if they have a room open, you'll even get in early! That happens to us often.

Just a side note: we arrived just before 11 and were able to check in and check our luggage at that time. We just didn't board, and instead spent more time back in town, figuring we had 14 days to explore the ship! I'm sure the hotel would have held our luggage, but we were anxious to be done with it. Also, we wanted to get there early to try to get an upgrade (paid) with the pier coordinator. (and it worked!)

Cathy

There's the rail system that goes from Plaza Cataluyna (I think it's the green line L3) near Hotel Jazz to the port, from there the Port bus is about 1 Euro each. The port bus has the front section for everyone's luggage similar to those car rental shuttles. For 5 people, it costs us about 2 Euros each with subway and port bus. The max in a taxi is 4 people.

Archived