Radiance of the Seas - out of frozen drink mix, pasta, no-sugar ice cream and so on.

On our circumnavigation of Australia cruise, the ship ran out of wine about three days into the 28 day cruise. Australians do love their wine. Yes, they did re-stock, probably multiple times.

As a wine loving Australian that would have been very difficult to deal with. There is nothing better than a glass of good wine on your balcony watching the sunset or with dinner

Well said. As OP said they are restocking at one of ports, not where they sailed from. This is probably the norm, I also have noticed this happen...

It was supposed to restock at the first port (Auckland). Instead they loaded the “forgotten” 320 tons of supplies on day three at the next port. Apparently the supplies were late into Auckland (I booked 18 months ago,and that was not long enough to get things to where they neede to be - the weather in Auckland had been pristine leading up and so not the cause of delay).

Some of our American friends are louder at complaining that us Kiwis and some poor waitress in Giovanni’s had to calm a very loud texan who was describing his steak as the worst he’d had in his life. He wasn’t happy with the dregs from the last cruise and fair enough too.

I really don’t think that such a supply chain screw up is good enough and so I emailed the office of the CEO to express this and sure enough the following evening the food and beverage director was apologizing to me in the concierge lounge.

It was supposed to restock at the first port (Auckland). Instead they loaded the “forgotten” 320 tons of supplies on day three at the next port. Apparently the supplies were late into Auckland (I booked 18 months ago,and that was not long enough to get things to where they neede to be - the weather in Auckland had been pristine leading up and so not the cause of delay).

Some of our American friends are louder at complaining that us Kiwis and some poor waitress in Giovanni’s had to calm a very loud texan who was describing his steak as the worst he’d had in his life. He wasn’t happy with the dregs from the last cruise and fair enough too.

I really don’t think that such a supply chain screw up is good enough and so I emailed the office of the CEO to express this and sure enough the following evening the food and beverage director was apologizing to me in the concierge lounge.

Well done: “The squeaky wheel gets the oil.”