Solos on HAL

kubies

I have sailed solo on HAL a few times and have always enjoyed the trips. You can do as much or as little as you wish. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and while HAL may not have all the bells and whistles of the mega ships, that is one reason why I enjoy HAL as when I cruise I sail for the itinerary more than I do for the ship itself. The demographics on HAL is a little older than some of the other mass market lines, but I have met some very interesting people while sailing with them. A lot of well traveled people usually.

It depends on what you are looking for is the best way to answer your question. If lots of activities and things to do aboard ship are important to you, then HAL might not be a good fit. But if you are looking for a nice itinerary and plenty of public space and an excellent staff to serve you, then HAL may be a good fit for you. Good Luck in your search for a cruise line.

HAL has some lunches or other "meets" listed for solo/single travelers, not every day, but probably averaging every other day. Usually it's lunch in the dining room, and meeting in one of the bars. I'm married but cruise solo almost every cruise, and I've never attended any of those events. I meet people - don't care if they're solo, single, or a couple. I also enjoy my cruises where I don't really meet anyone...I cruise to get away & relax, and don't need other people to enjoy myself. That said - I've met some great friends through my HAL cruises, but that wasn't my intent....it just happened.

Good luck - hope you enjoy your cruise!

Sue/WDW1972

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have traveled solo on HAL several times and have enjoyed every cruise! There are solo events advertised on the cruise, but I never went to any of those. I met so many fascinating folks on the cruise that I didn't feel I had to go to a singles event. I do most of my traveling solo, as friends/family either are not interested/can't afford travel, so I plan my life around my travels and I am very lucky to do so, I know. On the cruises, I would often meet people in the dining room, on shore excursions, on many places on the ship, and have always had a lot fun, great conversations, and then when I want to be alone, I can go to my cabin or find a quiet corner to read, etc. Good luck!