Pearl - prime rib / lobster ???

travelingla

Hi!

Going on a 7 n West Carib on the Pearl in a few months. Just curious if this ship usually has prime rib the first night on Embarkation? We found that to be true on several Royal ships so thought we should not book a specialty restaurant the first night if we can get prime rib on this ship. :)

Also, when are the usual 'formal' nights on a 7 night Pearl for those of you who cruise this ship? I know there are some loyal fans of the Pearl. Do they usually have lobster? That is not a big deal to me as I enjoy lobster, but rarely on a ship -- usually over cooked and not much bigger than a shrimp!

We are really looking forward to seeing this ship. I love NCL. I am sure to be asking more questions that I cannot find answers to in the search feature here.

Thank you so much!

The Jewel class ships, which the Pearl belongs, are some of our favorite ships

In the fleet. Well designed and the perfect size. The Great Outdoors area aft is fantastic. As far as the food choices go, if you want a great steak go to Cagney's, although the food is good in the MDR's as well. No assigned formal nights, but you can dress up a few nights if you wish. Lobster is getting harder to find on any cruise ship. We will be on her out of NOLA in December.

Hi!

Going on a 7 n West Carib on the Pearl in a few months. Just curious if this ship usually has prime rib the first night on Embarkation? We found that to be true on several Royal ships so thought we should not book a specialty restaurant the first night if we can get prime rib on this ship. :)

No set night for Prime Rib. Watch for the "specials". NCL MDRs rotate through 14 different menus.

Also, when are the usual 'formal' nights on a 7 night Pearl for those of you who cruise this ship? I know there are some loyal fans of the Pearl. Do they usually have lobster? That is not a big deal to me as I enjoy lobster, but rarely on a ship -- usually over cooked and not much bigger than a shrimp!

No formal nights. It's always "Dress up Or Not" nights. Shorts can be worn in all restaurants except Summer Palace and Le Bistro. That being said, most people will dress as though they were going out to dinner at home.

Lobster is not served on the Pearl. It was removed from all menus last August. The only ship we've seen it on lately is the Breakaway in the Ocean Blue specialty dining restaurant.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi!

We are really looking forward to seeing this ship. I love NCL. I am sure to be asking more questions that I cannot find answers to in the search feature here.

Thank you so much!

We cruised Pearl to Alaska the beginning of the month. They had prime rib in the main dining room the first night. When we went to both Cagney's and LeBistro they had a special paper menu that offered a huge porterhouse or lobster tails. I got the lobster at LeBistro and it was huge. Not the best I've had but the biggest! Not sure if this is always an option or not. f94bcefff701b19a1e2e362ee16a7a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
It was THE worst prime rib I've ever had.... :(

That is a matter of opinion and that was not the question the OP asked!!!!:rolleyes:

OP, yes there is prime rib, also in O'Sheehan's one night and no, Lobster is a thing of the past. I think on most mass marketed lines this is the case.

As for the Jewel class, this is the type of ship it seems so many love. We are among those. We did the Pearl for the 3rd or 4th time last Nov.