Which St. Kitts beach should we choose?

We went to Carambola Beach Club, great sand & surf. Restaurant and washroom/change rooms on site and no charge for umbrellas or chairs.

Carambola Beach club is great. If you like to snorkel you can walk in and snorkel. At the far right are some rocks. We snorkeled on the other side and saw great fish, turtles and a ray.

Nice clean bathrooms and showers.

We were recently there and I don't recall chairs and umbrellas being free.

We want to spend a day on one of these three beaches: Cockleshell, South Friars or Frigate Bay. We must be able to rent chairs and have use of facilities. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

We like Cockleshell near Reggae Bar. Nice facilities and a decent bar/restaurant.

Carambola Beach club is great. If you like to snorkel you can walk in and snorkel. At the far right are some rocks. We snorkeled on the other side and saw great fish, turtles and a ray.

Nice clean bathrooms and showers.

We were recently there and I don't recall chairs and umbrellas being free.

Second this recommendation. Also agree chairs aren't free. The restaurant there is also very nice.

Second this recommendation. Also agree chairs aren't free. The restaurant there is also very nice.

Well I guess we were lucky? Family of four and we took 3 loungers and an umbrella. Stayed for 4.5 hours and never charged. Had food service as well. Thus the only reason we thought there was no charge. But again, that beach was just incredible.

We like Cockleshell near Reggae Bar. Nice facilities and a decent bar/restaurant.

I would second that, Nevis to the front. It was a RCI excursion when we went:cool:, good beach and not crowded. Great photo opportunity on the way to the beach, Atlantic Ocean to the left and Caribbean sea to the right.

I would second that, Nevis to the front. It was a RCI excursion when we went:cool:, good beach and not crowded. Great photo opportunity on the way to the beach, Atlantic Ocean to the left and Caribbean sea to the right.

That ride to the beach is one of the highlights of the day.:)

We want to spend a day on one of these three beaches: Cockleshell, South Friars or Frigate Bay. We must be able to rent chairs and have use of facilities. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may be considering these three venues.

Carambola

Vibes

Reggie Beach

Ones two cents on each are.

Carambola: A lemming destination for Towles and Herds (T'erds). Plus in a few days the whole of the adjoining beach will become a construction site. Towles like Carambola, as they can walk in from the back, pay nothing, spend nothing, and have full use of their Beach sea and facilities for free.

Reggie Beach Bar: A busy fun place now, but could be the new destination of T'erds, because of the construction works next to Carambola, and the potential of having to pay for beds at Vibes.

Vibes Beach Bar: A funky and fun place for the young at heart. Avoided by T'erds, because Herds noise levels are 'controlled' by owners, and Towles are 'encouraged' to pay for beds for the use their facilities.

There are other beach bars on Frigate Bay.

We went to Carambola Beach Club, great sand & surf. Restaurant and washroom/change rooms on site and no charge for umbrellas or chairs.

Sorry, Carambola charges $10 per chair and umbrella. For the 2 of us we paid $30. If interested in Carambola make reservations ahead of time and they will set your chair in a more desirable location on beach.

Sorry, Carambola charges $10 per chair and umbrella. For the 2 of us we paid $30. If interested in Carambola make reservations ahead of time and they will set your chair in a more desirable location on beach.

Is Carambola anywhere near Cockleshell? Just wondiering what the taxi ride would cost.

Carambola was $4 per person each way.

Cockleshell was $7 per person each way

So I guess when traveling to Carambola, you don't get that vista with the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other side

You may be considering these three venues.

Carambola

Vibes

Reggie Beach

Ones two cents on each are.

Carambola: A lemming destination for Towles and Herds (T'erds). Plus in a few days the whole of the adjoining beach will become a construction site. Towles like Carambola, as they can walk in from the back, pay nothing, spend nothing, and have full use of their Beach sea and facilities for free.

Reggie Beach Bar: A busy fun place now, but could be the new destination of T'erds, because of the construction works next to Carambola, and the potential of having to pay for beds at Vibes.

Vibes Beach Bar: A funky and fun place for the young at heart. Avoided by T'erds, because Herds noise levels are 'controlled' by owners, and Towles are 'encouraged' to pay for beds for the use their facilities.

There are other beach bars on Frigate Bay.

Please educate me on the terms towels & herds. I am guessing that herds means lots of people, but towels has me stumped. Love the combo t’erds though![emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carambola is lovely, if a bit on the touristy side. The benefit for us on our last cruise was that they take reservations, so if there are a lot of ships in port, that can be a deciding factor.

The chairs and umbrellas rent for $10 each. There was plenty of service on the beach, or one could walk inside to the bar or restaurant.

WSszQhBNLapzjXo4609GgtEoqaIrmosDMxBKhag7ewuJbtDsF1vrMl1k7xC7cE2IxKG3j5kFqheqMexAEItBsH9yoOyufTwilzGyProxqImQ6DCy7uy1MtAEUPWed7yCmRADmFZf1pwv9TQ0U2gt5T6pIM1lEiusVJosWsy66ksK0MUxKkZXHMs0QY5nga5WBRuAKqJwlBEPR76hD6ok9M9VCWEPaj8RvtZg-ovh6s09GLOUlIpGCrGlKhRiRhQAod0tofSkiM6XIX_WqcxTWXL03FwLVfsG70PLoA90galWvMXuZDZHGr_HLF1BOQIfOmaHqdRvhlHZCLGN68lhaW8qg2XbhL84CGOvr2P7RiJ0tTaGYgyF2NC6zzpAYcMo6SOcDR1th9qSTzOOsfd5eufPxQ2ww3kgFCNuuUFMjMVmiUiUw-UmneUtRLN3A94jYo1kaeinokE9lLkG5-xKvMPtgA2EZrh_8z-PkupYXs569ncM3CeZdlITSUMqaCUzx5ERqLtXr8Nt0nlu54SG2HDbQWF-wbp7vB6_rnonCXEUptPD0hb7qdJc7FkfDO8x_KgZfFdMPird-QpyNq2qHajx3lbs-YKnk4TT0FmQ=w1366-h315-no

307668282_CarambolaPanorama.thumb.jpg.f96cf17dc466b5a185a817f58bc455bc.jpg