Diamond Info and Good and Bad - Liberty of the Seas (from 2/4/18 Sailing)

baabtx

They sure as heck are NOT going to do this on every ship. Probably not ANY other ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See, that's exactly why I love CC, because you really can find out from cruisers like yourself, who have so much knowledge/experience with the different ships, what is and isn't available fleet-wide. As I said, my experience was on Grandeur. I would have never asked for a specific Chard in the DL, because I would have thought it was not appropriate, which is why I was stopping to get my drink at the Schooner bar on the way into the DL. Quite frankly, I was totally surprised when the servers said that with my drink pkg they would bring me my preferred Chard in the DL. Hope that is the same on my next cruise on Grandeur in April, but if not, it's not a problem for me. :)

See, that's exactly why I love CC, because you really can find out from cruisers like yourself, who have so much knowledge/experience with the different ships, what is and isn't available fleet-wide. As I said, my experience was on Grandeur. I would have never asked for a specific Chard in the DL, because I would have thought it was not appropriate, which is why I was stopping to get my drink at the Schooner bar on the way into the DL. Quite frankly, I was totally surprised when the servers said that with my drink pkg they would bring me my preferred Chard in the DL. Hope that is the same on my next cruise on Grandeur in April, but if not, it's not a problem for me. :)

I'm going to try this on the Grandeur in April, too. :halo::halo::halo::halo::halo: Are you on with me, or the one before?

HAHA, I couldn't agree more about the DL Chard! This is one reason I continue to buy the drink package. We really enjoy the DL Happy Hour(s), nibbling on hors d'oeuvres and meeting new people, but now I always give the DL server my card and they bring me the chardonnay that I like from the bar. I usually just stop at the bar and pick up a glass on my way into the DL, but on our last cruise two of the servers at the bar also worked the DL; they recognized me and each told me separately that I should just go to the DL and they would be happy to take my card and bring me anything I want from the bar. I don't know if they will do that on every ship, this was on Grandeur.

Ok, I have now re-read your post more carefully.

I THOUGHT that you said that they were bringing you better Chardonnay just as your drink in the DL. I MISSED the part about you having the drink package, too.

THIS is not so very "out there." It was lovely of them to do that. You were entitled to that other Chardonnay, I assume, because it was within the parameters of the deluxe beverage package. (NOT because you just wanted better Diamond Lounge wine).

So, new conclusion: No other waiters PERHAPS will do that for you, but the situation is different from what I had assumed.

I also find the servers in the Lounges to be the best on the ship. I believe that they fight for those slots. (I know that they rotate them around regularly so that no one gets to be there more than anyone else). (Despite what SOME people may think, the lounge lizards are, as a group, very good tippers. The servers do VERY well there.)

I'm going to try this on the Grandeur in April, too. :halo::halo::halo::halo::halo: Are you on with me, or the one before?

On the Ovation last year we buddied up with a couple because I met the man on the flowrider. Krystal, my DW, likes Sauvingon Blanc, and I think they have had that occasionally in the past in the DL. Anyway the wife of my new buddy, got the concierge to most nights have it available in the lounge. I would guess that out of 12 nights she was able to get a decent wine 9 nights. However, when the wine is just not good. She just orders a lemon drop of a vodka tonic or cranberry and vodka or the sparkling wine. Plus the wait staff will often offer up some yummy thing they like to serve people. I am not that particular, although I am a wine snob. Generally, a basic red wine with cheese is almost always tolerable even with the swill they offer. that said, I am always able to be satisfied with a gin and tonic, a Jameson and Ginger Ale, or something simple of that nature.

It is not like I only drink John’s unopened bottle of Caymus....:evilsmile:

JC

On the Ovation last year we buddied up with a couple because I met the man on the flowrider. Krystal, my DW, likes Sauvingon Blanc, and I think they have had that occasionally in the past in the DL. Anyway the wife of my new buddy, got the concierge to most nights have it available in the lounge. I would guess that out of 12 nights she was able to get a decent wine 9 nights. However, when the wine is just not good. She just orders a lemon drop of a vodka tonic or cranberry and vodka or the sparkling wine. Plus the wait staff will often offer up some yummy thing they like to serve people. I am not that particular, although I am a wine snob. Generally, a basic red wine with cheese is almost always tolerable even with the swill they offer. that said, I am always able to be satisfied with a gin and tonic, a Jameson and Ginger Ale, or something simple of that nature.

It is not like I only drink John’s unopened bottle of Caymus....:evilsmile:

JC

I have 2 now, plus a couple Conundrums.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Royal's house wines are swill. I'm no wine snob but blech. You probably had a later departure since you were driving. Thanks for posting - how were the dining venues? The nightlife? The pool?

Yep, that's what I was thinking - got the concierge to move me up. Dining was better than last year, pools were busy, lots of kids as well which was odd for early Feb - many parents pulling kids out, so this sometimes teacher was irked. Shows were good, had a great time dancing up top, lower bars were packed.

How does that work then? Suites and Pinnacles have special luggage tags, generally Red. So are D+ Group 1 Tag 1? Diamonds Group 2 tag 2? Seems like a lot of people trying to get off at the same time??

don't know how it works, but last year I was @ 8 or 9 (Diamond) and this year 31?? Go figure - driving home from port both times. Exited ship at 9:15 am and was in the car by 9:45 pm, back in Austin by 2pm.

I have 2 now, plus a couple Conundrums.

Well, you know I am going to be in your town in November, I would happily help you get rid of the Caymus... although 2 bottles might affect my flowriding skills. The Conudrum whites (if they are whites) are a good next step wine for your wife. Gotta get her away from the pink stuff.

JC

Well, you know I am going to be in your town in November, I would happily help you get rid of the Caymus... although 2 bottles might affect my flowriding skills. The Conudrum whites (if they are whites) are a good next step wine for your wife. Gotta get her away from the pink stuff.

JC

Drop me a line with travel details. I can share a bottle with a view. We're on Enchantment for a weekender mid month

How does that work then? Suites and Pinnacles have special luggage tags, generally Red. So are D+ Group 1 Tag 1? Diamonds Group 2 tag 2? Seems like a lot of people trying to get off at the same time??

nope. Suites and pinnacles are groups 1-4 IIRC( numbers may vary based on ship /size/number of pax that qualify). after that, they tend to go by what you indicate based on your disembarkation survey according to flight time and other factors. if you are driving, you get pushed back since the assumption is they need to process the people with airline reservations first so they don't miss their flights.

and this doesn't even factor in the HUGE number of people who are opting for self more and more each cruise. it is very easy, however, to get a lower number upon request.

nope. Suites and pinnacles are groups 1-4 IIRC( numbers may vary based on ship /size/number of pax that qualify). after that, they tend to go by what you indicate based on your disembarkation survey according to flight time and other factors. if you are driving, you get pushed back since the assumption is they need to process the people with airline reservations first so they don't miss their flights.

and this doesn't even factor in the HUGE number of people who are opting for self more and more each cruise. it is very easy, however, to get a lower number upon request.

No. Pinnacles and Suites get red tags. All other tags are green. No numbers.

Would be nice if RCCL offered some of the perks they give on NCL - a free dinner in speciality restaurant for 2. I enjoyed that much more then I do the diamond club.

They do. We use the D+ perk and have 2 for 1 specialty restaurants the 1st 2 nights. 3 free drinks each night is pretty nice too. Quite a few other perks we use too.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree about the wine. We sail in suites and the same is offered in the suite lounge. I actually bring my own 2 bottles. They wanted to charge me a corkage fee in coastal kitchen and I said if you would have a decent chard I wouldn't have to bring my own. Needless to say the manager waived the fee. I let it be known on my survey.

Is there a decent Chardonnay anywhere on the ship?

• 1 month later...

Royal house wines are the worst!!!!! And they have gotten worst over the last few years. They have reasonable wines at the bars and i just don't understand why they can't offer theses in the Diamond and Suite lounges. I believe it was our 3rd cruise out of G on the Navigator the attendance went got a few bottles of the reasonable wines from the bar and keep them in the suite lounge for us... The Royal wines are similar to the cheap wine offered at hotel evening events....

Royal house wines are the worst!!!!! And they have gotten worst over the last few years. They have reasonable wines at the bars and i just don't understand why they can't offer theses in the Diamond and Suite lounges. I believe it was our 3rd cruise out of G on the Navigator the attendance went got a few bottles of the reasonable wines from the bar and keep them in the suite lounge for us... The Royal wines are similar to the cheap wine offered at hotel evening events....

You get what you pay for. ;)

Disembarkation priority. Was really shocked to see when our disembark tags arrived in our cabin that we were in one of the last 4 groups. I'm pretty simple, but haven't spend thousands cruising with one company to be one of the last off the ship.

If you want off sooner don't be "shocked", just ask for earlier tags they'll give you whatever you want. There is no reason they should assume you want off first thing just because you are Diamond, it's more based on the flight and/or other info you provided up front. Read threads here, some people (including Diamonds and above) want to leave the ship late not early.

The wine is free, what did you expect?

• 2 weeks later...