RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Keep me posted on any future plans. Would love to cruise with you guys again. Tyler needs his watch experts. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing the Mariner Repo in April.

2 weeks on the Radiance in May

6 weeks Liberty Sept/Oct

6 weeks Rhapsody Nov/Dec

6 weeks Vision Jan/Feb

1st Ovation Alaska

I believe it has always been profit over loyalty and the stockholders would raise heck if it was the other way around.

Heck in the way of lawsuits. Their legal obligation is to the shareholders. There are people who make a living buying stock in a company just so they can sue the company. It's a shame but it's not uncommon, just the cost of doing business I suppose.

-Chris

Bravo. If it’s something one wants and it’s not FREE, buy it.

I have had them make me Martinis in a Whiskey glass as I have a difficult time with those martini glasses.

Great idea! I love lemon drops and they are often to the "brim" so can hardly walk anywhere with one.

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

The diamond concierge said it was "corporate decision to keep this door shut".

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

This thread might be good as a survey. In the past two months has there been an overflow for the Diamond Lounge. Got off the Oasis in January and could never get in each time we tried. Over 600 Diamond & Diamond Plus on that sailing. Concierge said they would not be opening anything for overflow that cruise despite the numbers. :confused::confused:Would be curious if this in indeed a new policy.

BonVoyage

Dawna

This thread might be good as a survey. In the past two months has there been an overflow for the Diamond Lounge. Got off the Oasis in January and could never get in each time we tried. Over 600 Diamond & Diamond Plus on that sailing. Concierge said they would not be opening anything for overflow that cruise despite the numbers. :confused::confused:Would be curious if this in indeed a new policy.

BonVoyage

Dawna

After i asked the question a few passengers have said there was an overflow on some ships and a few have reported no overflow by orders of Miami corporate.

RCI are consistently in consistent so it is the luck of the draw.

After i asked the question a few passengers have said there was an overflow on some ships and a few have reported no overflow by orders of Miami corporate.

This could make a fairly good bet for the bookies! (kidding) I suppose the DL could start giving out numbers as you enter, order your drink and turn in that number, and then give you the next available number when that drink is delivered to you.:confused: That way, everyone, indeed, will be served!!:rolleyes: (again, kidding, just so ya know)

This could make a fairly good bet for the bookies! (kidding) I suppose the DL could start giving out numbers as you enter, order your drink and turn in that number, and then give you the next available number when that drink is delivered to you.:confused: That way, everyone, indeed, will be served!!:rolleyes: (again, kidding, just so ya know)

All our cruises since 2008 have been European or Arabian cruises and to date every time we have went to the DL or CL we have always got a seat.

All our cruises since 2008 have been European or Arabian cruises and to date every time we have went to the DL or CL we have always got a seat.

That's been my experiences as well on cruises outside of North America/Caribbean (excluding Alaska). Far fewer North Americans on board, hence far fewer D and up members.

Just remembered we were on a 4 night Bahamas cruise on Enchantment out of PC in February 2016 and the DL was never more than half full.

Thanks Tyman - we are taking the transatlantic and I understand there are lots of D and up on those cruises. More importantly (for me anyway), is the coffee machine working ( in either lounge) and is there decaf in any machine? And, does Brilliance allow use of the drink vouchers in the dining room or specialty restaurants?

Thx and enjoy the cruise

M

Thanks Tyman - we are taking the transatlantic and I understand there are lots of D and up on those cruises. More importantly (for me anyway), is the coffee machine working ( in either lounge) and is there decaf in any machine? And, does Brilliance allow use of the drink vouchers in the dining room or specialty restaurants?

Thx and enjoy the cruise

M

It's better when the coffee machine is down.....

Free coffee in Cafe Promenade....[emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On Brilliance now. They said they are no longer opening the doors to DL. And no diamond drinks in the dining room. Both options were there when we sailed on thanksgiving cruise.

On the Brilliance now. 15 Pinnacles, 72 D+, 124 Diamonds. Both lounges packed from 5-6pm, empty from 6 till we head to dinner at 7:30.....

That is not a huge number Diamonds and above.

On this past 4 day cruise, I noticed a group

Moved the the cocktail hours to their Suite Cabins. Saw a party in OS, GS, and Aft JS.

It's better when the coffee machine is down.....

Free coffee in Cafe Promenade....[emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Of course Brilliance does not have a Café Promenade. We got ONE ticket daily for Café Promenade on Freedom when a machine was down.

M

On Brilliance now. They said they are no longer opening the doors to DL. And no diamond drinks in the dining room. Both options were there when we sailed on thanksgiving cruise.

I hope they reconsider the dining room drinks for the TA. I understand the C&A numbers are very high.

thx -

M