Live from the Seaside 17th February

nikkiw60

Nikki, just saw your pics of Italian night dinner. I think that may be the dinner that appealed the most to me. Looks very yummy. Unfortunately for us, if MSC maintains the same dinner schedule, Italian dinner on Friday, we will miss it as it will be our wedding anniversary and we have scheduled a specialty restaurant that evening. Arrggghhh!

OK all good.

Cheers.

On the back of the group photo from the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Party Captain Massa had put a lovely message!c9e2ac8f9b8c914c2a7c40a507af0fe8.jpg

Sorry it’s the wrong way round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen done! So awesome [emoji41]

Nikki, just saw your pics of Italian night dinner. I think that may be the dinner that appealed the most to me. Looks very yummy. Unfortunately for us, if MSC maintains the same dinner schedule, Italian dinner on Friday, we will miss it as it will be our wedding anniversary and we have scheduled a specialty restaurant that evening. Arrggghhh!

OK all good.

Cheers.

I am wondering if the change to the itinerary messed things up?

It was a shame as the Italian night is enjoyable and many people missed it.

Just remembered a nice romantic moment from the MDR one night!

On a table near to ours a couple got engaged!

Some of the waiters including one with a guitar sung to the couple!

Think the Xmas one was on a Tuesday for us.

That does sound about right from when we did a week on the Divina!

Btw I still feel like I am on ship I feel very wobbly walking!

Hi Nikki......wish we could have arranged to meet for a drink.....but glad to have seen you a few times around the ship. We enjoyed the YC experience a lot, however, I think we would have enjoyed "exploring" more of the ship and activities if we weren't in YC......it was our own fault as we had every opportunity to explore, etc......traveled with my sister and brother in law who only cruise in YC so we wanted to spend time with them as we don't see them often. This was our first YC experience. On one port day we ate in the deck 16 buffet and found it to be delicious. From pizza to a variety of sandwiches that were amazing, etc. We did miss not being able to walk outside on the Seaside and for us, that is a big thing. Other than that and not meeting up with you and Matt for a drink, we enjoyed the Seaside and all it had to offer. Until we meet again Nikki :)

Perception. Especially with cleaning staff and maybe the 15 hour 7 day week?

Those hours are standard. I was a purser in my 20's. We had 1 day a month off, it was always the private island day. Thats just the way it is.

Have completely enjoyed your daily reviews,glad you had a nice time. we were on the Jan.27th sailing of the Seaside and had a great time as well,but our weather was pretty windy and a good amount of cloudy cover. We did miss Grand Cayman for a sea day which was fine with us. We just went with the flow and didn't sweat the small issues. Enjoyed it enough that we booked for this Sept.

We had the streamer internet package and only used it to email home,didn't use hardly any. Can you let me know if the surfer package lets you check and send emails because if so I will get that package for Sept. We also matched for Black and when we went to get our free pictures(1 Each) we were told we could only get the one taken with the Captain at the Captain's Black member get together. Have they changed that to you can pick anyone from the pictures that were taken?

Have a safe trip home and thanks so much for taking time to post while on your cruise!

Debbie

Have completely enjoyed your daily reviews,glad you had a nice time. we were on the Jan.27th sailing of the Seaside and had a great time as well,but our weather was pretty windy and a good amount of cloudy cover. We did miss Grand Cayman for a sea day which was fine with us. We just went with the flow and didn't sweat the small issues. Enjoyed it enough that we booked for this Sept.

We had the streamer internet package and only used it to email home,didn't use hardly any. Can you let me know if the surfer package lets you check and send emails because if so I will get that package for Sept. We also matched for Black and when we went to get our free pictures(1 Each) we were told we could only get the one taken with the Captain at the Captain's Black member get together. Have they changed that to you can pick anyone from the pictures that were taken?

Have a safe trip home and thanks so much for taking time to post while on your cruise!

Debbie

Hi Debbie

We used the surfer package for checking and sending emails and used messenger a lot.

We also posted some bits on Facebook.

I don’t know if they have changed the photo policy but we were able to get a couple of the pre printed photos (one each) from photos taken at dinner when the photographers were doing their rounds.

We waited till the last day.

Have a great second trip, I am hoping to rebook next April (2019).

And am glad you enjoyed my posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I forget one for the ladies!

Be carful on the highly polished floors!

I went flying last night ! Got a bruise on my knee!

Thank god I didn’t drop my wine glass!

It’s in areas where two different floor surfaces join!

My wife took a spill too and a bruised knee to match!

On the back of the group photo from the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Party Captain Massa had put a lovely message!c9e2ac8f9b8c914c2a7c40a507af0fe8.jpg

Sorry it’s the wrong way round!

How cool is that! Thanks to your post I just checked our 2 photos and sure enough the Feb 17 cruise is signed, however our Feb 10 cruise photo is not signed. The Feb 10 cruise photo may not have been signed as the photo was never delivered to our room; we had to go to guest services and ask for it. Thanks for posting this info, if not for your post we may never had known of the Captain's signature.

Btw I still feel like I am on ship I feel very wobbly walking!

Is that that usual? Or was it that this ship moved about more than most. Am about to go on my first cruise and that is one of the things I am worried about