Single, first time on Anthem

buffi001

I am a recently widowed single man who hasn't cruised on RCL in several years. I booked a 12 day cruise

on the Anthem for January, 2018. I would love to hear some first hand tips on dining options, reservation procedures and anything else you think would help me enjoy my cruise. I will admit I am a little reticent about

the "single" thing, having always cruised with my wife in the past. I am a Diamond status member, and have booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin. I'm very grateful for any advise....Gary

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Anthem. Solo meet ups were non-existent. During the 12 day cruise they had two solo lunches which were very poorly attended.

I would use the RCL website to pre-book shows and activities as they are in high demand during the early part of the cruise. You don't want to get shut out.

The Diamond lounge was well run. Servers were very attentive. Say hi to Suzie-Q-- a bundle of positive energy.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a recently widowed single man who hasn't cruised on RCL in several years. I booked a 12 day cruise

on the Anthem for January, 2018. I would love to hear some first hand tips on dining options, reservation procedures and anything else you think would help me enjoy my cruise. I will admit I am a little reticent about

the "single" thing, having always cruised with my wife in the past. I am a Diamond status member, and have booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin. I'm very grateful for any advise....Gary

Consider having breakfast and lunch in the Solarium bistro instead of the Windjammer if you want to eat at the buffet. It's smaller and might be easier to find a seat.

I did a 12 night Anthem cruise this past January. I checked the compass and it appears there is a solo cruiser lunch at 12 noon each sea day. The meeting place is the bionic bar. I assume, after meeting at the bar guests head to lunch.

I just got off the Anthem. Solo meet ups were non-existent. During the 12 day cruise they had two solo lunches which were very poorly attended.

I would use the RCL website to pre-book shows and activities as they are in high demand during the early part of the cruise. You don't want to get shut out.

The Diamond lounge was well run. Servers were very attentive. Say hi to Suzie-Q-- a bundle of positive energy.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've been curious about the solo meets on RCI, too bad that the solo meets are non existent. I guess I'll stick to NCL.

I understand how different and difficult this cruise will feel, after losing your soul mate and beloved travelling companion. Check the Cruise Critic boards, because I believe there are forums for you to communicate with other people in similar situations.Have a wonderful cruise. Bon Voyage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Hi

I am sorry for your loss.

You should also post on the roll call for your sailing.

I was in a similar situation. My husband had a heart attack at 42 years old and died. I was about to cancel an upcoming cruise on Explorer (out of Bayonne NJ) and during one of my sleepless nights posted on the roll call what happened and that I was planning to cancel.

Several people reached out encouraging me to still go. They linked me to them for dinner. I planned excursions with them.

Getting on the ship was super scary having never met any of these people.

This was about 8 years ago and the people I met have become lifelong friends that I sail with regularly as well as meet up with outside of cruises.

It may not work out that way for everyone but I am very glad I opened myself up to meeting others.

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums