Radiance Class - Aft vs. Hump?

I apologize if this has been covered already, but I currently have cabin 9660 reserved for 5 night Canada/New England cruise next September on Serenade. I just noticed that 7094 on the hump opened up. They both seem to be desirable cabins, anyone have insights on what they think is better? We don't mind the walk to the aft, so that would be a non-issue. Thanks!

There is quite a bit of vibration in the aft portion of the Radiance class ships...and it's a VERY long walk to and from those cabins....a definite "con", IMO. The "hump" area is very convenient.

We have had 8th deck hump rooms on Radiance class ships (Brilliance twice, Radiance, Jewel and Serenade) five times and will never again book one. The noise last September from the centrum was loud and went until midnight. We were in the Med and had many early mornings for excursions and we had to sleep with earplugs or headphones on. It is a long walk aft but hopefully not as noisy.

• 6 months later...
There is quite a bit of vibration in the aft portion of the Radiance class ships...and it's a VERY long walk to and from those cabins....a definite "con", IMO. The "hump" area is very convenient.

We had the very LAST starboard balcony on Harmony. THAT is a long walk. This walk...not so much. LOL

We had 9658 on the Radiance last August in Alaska. Never had any vibration and it was a great cabin with a awesome balcony. 2 chairs, a table and 2 loungers. The walk was a little bit more than we usually have but still wasn't bad at all.

I have been in 7600 and 7598, for Alaska one of those trips across the gulf of Alaska we hit near gale force winds and the boat was rocking pretty good, quite a few people got sea sick. I have 9854 booked for June to Alaska. I do know the centrum can get noisy but I did not notice it too bad once the doors were closed. But that was 4 years ago and things may have changed.

Aft all day every day. We LOVE the view from the aft, and the balconies make them worth every penny.

We've done hump cabins twice, and both times noise was an issue. I'm a hard sleeper, and it woke me up several times.

We had the very LAST starboard balcony on Harmony. THAT is a long walk. This walk...not so much. LOL

We're in the last Boardwalk balcony on our Harmony sailing in 2019. I'm expecting LOTS of steps on my fitbit just from the walk to the room.

We try and book either 1600, 1602 or 1100 and Radiance is our preferred ship. Never experienced vibration on Radiance. The hump is convenient but noisy due to the Centrum entertainment every night.

Cheers

Di

We've done hump cabins twice, and both times noise was an issue. I'm a hard sleeper, and it woke me up several times....

We're in the last Boardwalk balcony on our Harmony sailing in 2019. I'm expecting LOTS of steps on my fitbit just from the walk to the room.

I just sailed 8596 dead center hump on Jewel, and before that Harmony 10329 final aft Boardwalk balcony just like you will have... If you had issues with Jewel hump with noise, good luck with that Harmony Boardwalk cabin as it is exponentially louder even with the sliding door tightly locked.

I just sailed 8596 dead center hump on Jewel, and before that Harmony 10329 final aft Boardwalk balcony just like you will have... If you had issues with Jewel hump with noise, good luck with that Harmony Boardwalk cabin as it is exponentially louder even with the sliding door tightly locked.

Thanks for the warning...I'll pack my earplugs. I should clarify...Our noise issues were with people being loud as they walked by. We were on Adventure and Independence.

We had 9660 on Jewel last April for the 14 day Trans Atlantic from San Juan to Rome! It was a fantastic cabin and the balcony was so much larger than any we've had on the hump. The walk to the dining room, etc is a bit longer but we didn't mind. I'd definitely take the aft over a hump cabin!

Aft cabins are nice with a great view and large balcony. But if you're one of those people who can get seasick, beware of an aft cabin. Motion of the ship, due to heavy seas, is amplified and you'll find your cabin continuously moving up and down many feet.

I actually had a hump cabin on Jewel and changed it to 9660 when it came over. Just about everyone suggested it. The walk is obviously further, but what's nice is you aren't on the mega ships. Jewel is the perfect size for a stroll instead of a hike to your aft cabin LOL I would take 9660 again, no doubt about it.