Radiance of the Seas - out of frozen drink mix, pasta, no-sugar ice cream and so on.

This is a ship to avoid in the future. Those running the ship have allowed all stock of various items to completely run out. So, no frozen drinks, no ice cream (of the no-sugar variety), restrictions on the pasta you can order at Giovani’s and so on. Apparently, they will restock tomorrow, but since tomorrow is only day 3 of a 14 day cruise the situation is pretty pathetic. Of course, they have an excuse - it’s one where the punch line is that passengers pay for experiences the cruise line can’t deliver.

Where was the ship sailing out of? Considering the weather disruptions along the east coast, there may certainly be valid issues that have delayed the ships ability to supply. Both air freight and trucking companies have been severely impacted.

Where was the ship sailing out of? Considering the weather disruptions along the east coast, there may certainly be valid issues that have delayed the ships ability to supply. Both air freight and trucking companies have been severely impacted.

Sydney Australia. The weather there is a little better than the East coast of US at the moment.

I’m trying to figure out why no frozen drinks?? I thought they were made from blended ice. The ship makes it own water and ice. What did I miss?

They might have been out of the Island Oasis (or whatever they use now) mixer.

When we were on the Adventure last winter found out they did a lot of restocking in St. Marten, not San Juan where we departed from. While I would expect that they would restock in Sydney, you never know what the supply lines are.

Another thought was they may have rejected supplies that were presented by a supplier. Happened on a thanksgiving cruise out of Port Canaveral with bananas. They didn't like what the supplier delivered and reject most of the shipment.

When we were on the Adventure last winter found out they did a lot of restocking in St. Marten, not San Juan where we departed from. While I would expect that they would restock in Sydney, you never know what the supply lines are.

Another thought was they may have rejected supplies that were presented by a supplier. Happened on a thanksgiving cruise out of Port Canaveral with bananas. They didn't like what the supplier delivered and reject most of the shipment.

Well said. As OP said they are restocking at one of ports, not where they sailed from. This is probably the norm, I also have noticed this happen...

No frozen drinks and restrictions on the pasta you can order at a specialty restaurant are pretty major hiccups.

Especially on DAY 3!

OP says they were being restocked on day 3 of a 14 day cruise, guessing they ran out Day 2, so one day of no premixed frozen drinks or certain shapes of pasta. Things happen, maybe a shipment didn’t arrive for whatever reason. No strawberry daiquiris for a day? Free cruise for all!

How on Earth is that a suitable reply? Wouldn't you be frustrated to start a vacation with so many things unavailable? Doesn't sound "amazing" to me. Though I do concede replenishing on day 3 of a 14 day trip is better than being without the entire time.

A bit frustrated and would certainly understand especially if these items were due to be stocked asap perhaps, but it's certainly not a reason to avoid booking this particular ship.

Sxxt happens deal with it :eek:...You're on a cruise many more things to be concerned with in today's world. If this was the only problem the OP had or has their fortunate.

I certainly didn't let a lack of yellow mustard for my hot dog & hamburger on my Asian cruise ruin it for me or would I post and warn other's to never book Mariner.

This is a ship to avoid in the future. Those running the ship have allowed all stock of various items to completely run out. So, no frozen drinks, no ice cream (of the no-sugar variety), restrictions on the pasta you can order at Giovani’s and so on. Apparently, they will restock tomorrow, but since tomorrow is only day 3 of a 14 day cruise the situation is pretty pathetic. Of course, they have an excuse - it’s one where the punch line is that passengers pay for experiences the cruise line can’t deliver.

Based on what was not available: Is it even remotely possible that they had a refrigeration problem that caused spoilage? Maybe there was a problem with the delivery of provisions - not available, supplier screw up, etc? Yes, it's a pain in the ass but it also helps to look at problems with a wider perspective rather than taking it as a personal insult. Hopefully the remaining 11 days will be better.

Sydney Australia. The weather there is a little better than the East coast of US at the moment.

That raises the next question if they are using locally sourced products. I know some of the cruise lines do US based procurement, and ship and stage resupply all around the world. For example I was on a Princess ship in Tahiti once and they had issues with an air freight shipment coming out of the US. Would be interesting to find out what brands of the products they were using.

I'm sorry you are missing out on somethings and I hope they restock everything you want for the rest of your cruise.

Being an American company they get a lot of their shipment of dry stapplies brought in from American which could be the cause of some delay in them getting a delivery before they sailed out of Sydney.. Over Christmas and New Year we have had some bad weather here in Australia .That could also have been a problem for them getting deliveries in on time. They do get fresh produce brought in locally . And I know a lot of areas around NSW has had power outages that have gone on for days.Which could of caused a lot of problems with all the ships getting restocked

I personally love the Radiance and can't wait to cruise on her again.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise

Edited by Jasp 0401

Ok. There is lots of frozen drinks that use something other than Island Oasis. I guess it was too generic.

Island Oasis mixers for every frozen drink.

The ship does not carry fruit or any raw ingredients.

Its kind of a big deal for many...

We have seen a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables on cruise ships when we have done the Galley tour.

It does not matter if you have seen fruit on the galley tour.

I am well aware the ship has fruit & veggies.

The bar does not use them make drinks.

It is not easy to do so.

It requires a ton of preparation which they don't have time for.

It is also very expensive.

It is much easier and tastes better.

The use frozen mixers for all drinks..

It does not matter if you have seen fruit on the galley tour.

I am well aware the ship has fruit & veggies.

The bar does not use them make drinks.

It is not easy to do so.

It requires a ton of preparation which they don't have time for.

It is also very expensive.

It is much easier and tastes better.

The use frozen mixers for all drinks..

Sorry I didn't realize when you said "no fresh fruit on ships "you only meant no fresh fruit in the bars.Yes they only seem to use fresh lemons and limes all the rest is frozen mixes.I agree the bar staff are much to busy to be dealing with fresh fruit prep.

Unfortunate, but common. Have had it on many ships and different cruise lines.

Different things I've seen run out are: chips, hot chocolate, tomato juice, cereal, tea... the list goes on.

And because they reprovision at different ports, not just the origin, outages may occur and be replenished at different stages of the cruise.

Well at least the ship didn't run out of beer.........

On our circumnavigation of Australia cruise, the ship ran out of wine about three days into the 28 day cruise. Australians do love their wine. Yes, they did re-stock, probably multiple times.