Pearl and parties and oh yeah why The Pearl?

LeesaB

Howdy all,

What parties does the Pearl have on board? I'm certain they have the White Hot Party, but do they do any other themed parties that I should plan for/potentially pack for if I'm feeling ambitious? I'm a bit uncertain as to if it's ONLY the larger/specific ships that have the Glow parties and the 80s parties (and any others I'm not remembering from other reviews).

I'm remembering something else I wanted to ask as well... in all the threads where it's asking what's your favorite ship and what not, lots of people say a lot of the newer ships, but it seems that of the Jewel-class ships, the Pearl is just about the only one represented on these threads (but represented heavily). Why is that? Is it that it has US-based itineraries only and therefore more people go on her? Is there something else about her that just makes people love her more? Most people seem to say the Jewel-class ships are *nearly* identical, so it seems weird to me that so many people choose the Pearl over another Jewel-class ship.

Sorry, that last one's just something I've been mulling over for a while... I've not sailed on NCL yet but have been lurking here for over a year so for not having ANY direct experience with NCL, I feel like I know the company through all of you (so thanks?).

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious about this too. I have a great t-shirt for Glow parties (and will use it for white hot). I heard they have a hush party where there are two dj's. All the dancers where headphones. Half are dancing to one dj's music and half the other. Still trying to find more information on this.

I have been on three Jewell class ships. The Pearl, The Gem and the Jade. I LOVE the Pearl. They have the best crew ever. It was explained to me that a lot of the crew have been together many many years and they work as a team. And it shows! There is a happy vibe on the ship. Also we had gotten the same cabin number on all three ships. To be fair the cabin on the Pearl and the Gem were almost identical in upkeep but the Jade cabin had issues. The different Captains we have had on the Pearl had lots of personality and gave daily updates usually at noon.(don't hold me to the exact time). At the muster drill you could just tell the crew in the halls and at our muster station knew exactly what to do and had done it many times. It made us feel safe. I am sure given NCL standards that the other ships were fine to be on but the Pearl just has that extra something about her.