Radiance OTS in-cabin tea / coffee facilities?

Looking at the pic's of the cabins on here (we're in D1 class if that makes a difference) a kettle AND a coffee maker are shown.

Today one of her customers (just off this ship) told my wife there was NO kettle in their cabin! Can this be true?

Really, if we can't make a goodnight cup of tea, life won't be worth living!

Ah well, in the past we pinched a stainless steel coffee pot from the (P&O) buffet, scrubbed it out and every evening before retiring I'd go up and fill it with hot water. We would use that to enjoy our final cups of tea before retiring. After awhile we discovered that if asked nicely, room service would bring it free anyway :)

Problem with RCI is they'll charge for ANY room service delivery (except breakfast for some reason) when all we want is to enjoy that last cup before bed. Definitely a "first world problem" I realise but the whole idea is to spoil ourselves for a change and this is a disappointment. :(

No kettles in the room on Radiance.

But you can make tea in the solarium and take it to your room. Faclities there to make yourself open 24 hours.

What a pity, they did on a "Rock the Boat' cruise last November.

Thanks for the tip re the Solarium, I have a $10 K mart thermos, will bring that and leave it behind after afterwards. Don't know if it will stay hot until morning.

If room service continental breakfast is free, I wonder if they would just bring jug of boiling water instead.

Edited by reedy8
spelling error